Tri- color Yuma not open fully

edwinwu79

Hi reefers, recently buy a tri- color Yuma. The Yuma didn't open fully inside my tank, 4 days already. My tank parameter is ok. I have place at low water flow area, lightning not too strong. My other Yuma( pink n green) are doing fine and health. Can anyboby give me some advice, am I doing the right things. Usually where you all place your tri- color Yuma? I keep moving the Yuma around my tank, finding the best spot 4 him. Is so so headache!

• SRC Member

hmm, i had problem w my yumas last time, they were ok for bout 2 months, den all either start to close

or melt & some float off, water & other corals were ok, even rics & mushroom(distance reletives) were ok,

me not fated to have any yumas,

once read it in the forum dat some diff in colours mite have diff requirement of lighting, not too sure though,

din really keep yuma aft dat, but still curious to learn more,hope u find ur answer here bro

Thanks fellow reefers:friends:. Is it true that more colorful yuma is more difficult to keep? I dont know much about yuma, because started to have interested on them and want to try. My normal color yuma( pink and green ) is doing fine and stable after next day. How do you know the yuma is stress out and not doing fine?????? :( Going to place the yuma together, cross my finger and hope for the best.

• SRC Member

Thanks fellow reefers:friends:. Is it true that more colorful yuma is more difficult to keep? I dont know much about yuma, because started to have interested on them and want to try. My normal color yuma( pink and green ) is doing fine and stable after next day. How do you know the yuma is stress out and not doing fine?????? :( Going to place the yuma together, cross my finger and hope for the best.

leave some space in between so as no other corals is near it, maybe take a pic for us to see see :D

Hi reefers, those are my Yuma pic. Pic is not that clear, but still able to see is not fully open compare to my other yuma. I have just place the tri-color yuma near my other yuma which is doing well. Just hoping for the best. Pls feel free to give me more advice to make him fully open. thanks alot, guys.

post-18140-060653100 1280125393_thumb.jp

post-18140-042588200 1280125407_thumb.jp

Hi reefers, those are my Yuma pic. Pic is not that clear, but still able to see is not fully open compare to my other yuma. I have just place the tri-color yuma near my other yuma which is doing well. Just hoping for the best. Pls feel free to give me more advice to make him fully open. thanks alot, guys.

This guy is bleached and not doing well.. Try to leave it and see how it react to the light if it still looks stress, try to get it under the shade..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Get it under the shade. If it un-stick itself from the rock, it is on the way to melting. By then, it is too late. Pink yuma are notorious for this condition. Lost an expensive one from GO.

• SRC Member

very nice piece of yuma bro :thumbsup: , like the seniors said, it does look stress, hope it doesnt melt,

like mine, oni the normal colours 1s can survive.

The orange yuma beside ur tri-colour 1 seems ok,

so if in dis position(beside orange yuma) still no progress, mite nid to shift again.

do update us, still curious over nice yumas, gd luck bro :groupwavereversed:

Thanks reefers, for your advice. I will put near my orange Yuma and monitor for any adnormality. That is the best spot I can find in my tank, lighting not too strong, flow is low and less fishes will swim past there. Because I have try with my orange Yuma. Will shift my Yuma under the shade if still not doing well. Will update you all further for any progress. Thanks again for you all great help.

• SRC Member

Your yuma looks like it is in bad shape. Either leave it there as it is and hope for the best, or you may consider a small holding tank option.

Get a plastic container of at least 1 liter volume, fill it with NSW from a trusted source, run with the smallest HOB filter you can find at the lowest flow setting, and keep it beside your tank just so that it gets some light daily. A drop of iodine would be good.

• SRC Member

:off: wow bro, u were the same person who posted the clown fish in the ID? :bow:

hmm looks like u got quite a collection :score:

u seen the Weekly LFS Stocks Report / LFS Info Centre?

got many nice clown at lck

Hi fellow reefers. Yes, Bro Fatbike im the same person who posted the clown fish ID. Im just lucky to have few friends who are reefers, sharing information and experience. My clown now is happy with it new home:yahoo:. Fatbike bro, i have see your thread selling some beautiful Zoas, im quite interested to see more. Im keeping Zoas also, but not much. Maybe next time we can trade. Today i see my Tri-color yuma look better:peace:, still hoping for the best. Will take pic again, to update you all. :groupwavereversed::ThanxSmiley:

imo, just leave it. even if it bleached it's okayy! so long as it doesn't melt it got a chance of coming back. Patience and strict water change regime run a long way! :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.