Briliant Rose-- soo kee jewellery

demonsori

• SRC Member

Anyone has experience buying the BR series diamonds / or has friends or family working @ soo kee?

Just wanna know which outlet offers more choices on diff colours and clarity ard the 0.4 carat range. The Bu@is outlet had limited stock to compare when I visited.

Also, heard differing discounts on members rates/ can apply on the spot? / and an anniversary discount on brilliant rose that has unknown end date.

Limited time to go around and shop so thinking find out more here first.

• SRC Supporter

Anyone has experience buying the BR series diamonds / or has friends or family working @ soo kee?

Just wanna know which outlet offers more choices on diff colours and clarity ard the 0.4 carat range. The Bu@is outlet had limited stock to compare when I visited.

Also, heard differing discounts on members rates/ can apply on the spot? / and an anniversary discount on brilliant rose that has unknown end date.

Bro, when it comes to diamonds, I only go for either Lee Hwa/Aspial Destiny series, bcos got re-sale value / trade in value. GSS they usually got some promotion. If not, Larry Jewellery is good but costly... all comes with certificate. But this is up to individual... hey, u wan to get proposal ring issit.... :) hehe....

• SRC Member

Hi bro, the last time (at least 5 yrs ago) i went, the shop should have the list of (brilliant rose) diamonds even in other outlets.

You got to ask them. Unless you want to compare the actual piece, then it a different story.

Actually in my opinion, size(carat) and colour should be more important than clarity and cut.

Reason it because the later 2 (clarity and cut need microscope to see) cannot be differentiate by our naked eye and the price difference is huge if later 2 is in good grade.

Of course only if your girlfriend don't mind. Something that i tried hard to convince. :blush:

• SRC Member

Yeah... Bto flat ready next yr end... Dun want to keep putting it off... She has slim fingers so 0.4 will look just right. Cut and clarity will have assured value but would prefer the lesser flaws the better so prefer vvs1 or vvs2...opting for lower clarity more flaws better colour or g-colour less flaws.. G-colour and E colour can't differentiate to the naked eye so thinking less flaws better... Cos the cert will indicate the spots n flaws n blemishes... A diamond with less spots more precious ba...cos like corals, under sunlight or warm temp lighting the light reflected still rainbow colours and can't tell among diff grades ba...hope to give her the best quality I can afford within my budget... Already spend so much on marine tank... Must make her feel more treasured than my tank haha... Need to boycott pasar malam thread ESP with Cedric n his nice corals!

• SRC Supporter

Yeah... Bto flat ready next yr end... Dun want to keep putting it off... She has slim fingers so 0.4 will look just right. Cut and clarity will have assured value but would prefer the lesser flaws the better so prefer vvs1 or vvs2...opting for lower clarity more flaws better colour or g-colour less flaws.. G-colour and E colour can't differentiate to the naked eye so thinking less flaws better... Cos the cert will indicate the spots n flaws n blemishes... A diamond with less spots more precious ba...cos like corals, under sunlight or warm temp lighting the light reflected still rainbow colours and can't tell among diff grades ba...hope to give her the best quality I can afford within my budget... Already spend so much on marine tank... Must make her feel more treasured than my tank haha... Need to boycott pasar malam thread ESP with Cedric n his nice corals!

Congrats to u bro, its about time la.... :)

dun get too good/big one, if not next time u want to upgrade her ring, u gotta vomit blood... slowly upgrade better... LOL.

I think with the above citeria budget, u can set up a 4 ft tank with many top end equip liao lor!!!!! Hahaha....

• SRC Member

dun get too good/big one, if not next time u want to upgrade her ring, u gotta vomit blood... slowly upgrade better... LOL.

Above statement is very true. laugh.gif Otherwise, go for really good ones if you are confident that you can top it when it's time to upgrade.

Go for rocks with certificates from better known grading agencies: GIA, HRD, IGI. This will better ensure their value. In-house grading are a no-no unless you are on a budget or the recipient knows nothing about rock grading.

Also look for guaranteed trade-in value promos. This will allow you to trade-in your rock for a better one in the future at a pre-determined price.

My opinion is that the rock's Colour and Cut are important. Colour is very visible. Conventional thinking is clearer the better unless you like fancy colours. The cut determines how well light is reflected back. Better the cut, more light reflected, more bling factor.

The other 2 C's.

Carat - depends the buyer's budget or the wearer's finger size. Proportionate size is optimal.

Clarity - for normal wear, VS-2 and above is good enough. I personally would not go less than VS-1.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Both shops I went to recommended white gold above platinum, reason being platinum much more expensive and is a softer metal needing more prongs or "teeth" to hold the diamond providing more distraction ormaking it look smaller. Thinking white gold abit more "greyish"/ not so pure white as platinum, g-colour for BR series by GIA more strict so still gd colour . with the ring not so white, it should contrast to make the diamond look clearer? Plus usually ppl see the sparkles come out as rainbow colours won't notice the whiteness as much? Cos whiter platinum ring will make the diamond look less white by comparison?compared e colour fuego Gia cert with g- colour BR look the same to me when placed on white sheet of paper...

• SRC Supporter

Both shops I went to recommended white gold above platinum, reason being platinum much more expensive and is a softer metal needing more prongs or "teeth" to hold the diamond providing more distraction ormaking it look smaller. Thinking white gold abit more "greyish"/ not so pure white as platinum, g-colour for BR series by GIA more strict so still gd colour . with the ring not so white, it should contrast to make the diamond look clearer? Plus usually ppl see the sparkles come out as rainbow colours won't notice the whiteness as much? Cos whiter platinum ring will make the diamond look less white by comparison?compared e colour fuego Gia cert with g- colour BR look the same to me when placed on white sheet of paper...

Diamond ring can go with white gold, but for wedding band do go for platinum.... :)

• SRC Member

About the ring:

Platinum may cause allergic reactions in some people Gold generally will not, but this does not apply for white gold. White gold is not pure gold but an alloy of gold (naturally yellow) with other 'white' metals like silver, platinum, palladium, etc to make it look white.

Platinum rings are pure platinum (well, at least 95%), White gold, on the other hand is usually less about 75% gold plus other metals. From a symbolism perspective, Platinum being more 'pure' is more desirable.

Whether white gold is harder than platinum depends in the metal combination. If the retailer said their white gold is harder than platinum, then the gold content in the ring is lesser.

Platinum is generally more shiny than white gold. However, if the white gold is plated with Rhodium, they can be as shiny as platinum.

About the rock:

In GIA grading, it's not easy to tell the colour difference in rocks with ratings D to J. If the G-colour rock looked as sparkly to you as the E-colour one, then the rating will not matter much except to your wallet with the e-colour rock being generally more expensive if the other Cs are the same.

My personal view is I will go for platinum ring to play it safe, you'll never know what's in a woman's mind. Use platinum to symbolize her 'pureness' and your pure desire for her. rolleyes.gif

P.S. Platinum Jewellry grade is usually denoted by the symbol PT followed by a number. e.g. PT950 is 95% pure. PT1000 is pure platinum. Not all jewellers has the capability to produce PT1000 jewellry so they are pretty pricey.

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Supporter

My personal view is I will go for platinum ring to play it safe, you'll never know what's in a woman's mind. Use platinum to symbolize her 'pureness' and your pure desire for her. rolleyes.gif

haha... i like your last sentence!!! :agreed: :agreed:

• SRC Member

Classic plus informative stuff bro Iskay!

So anyone has any idea what are the latest discount privileges on the BR range? Cos there supposedly is a BR anniv discount that can end anytime( that is what sales person said) with no predetermined or set end date. Diamonds are gd but they like to keep saying BR is a very prestigous international brand. I am unimpressedby this unset discount period, or salesperson jus wanna seal the deal. Been in sales before, I nv believe in keeping info from customers to make a sale--- that's y I can't do sales haha...

Also any idea Tian Po hearts on fire series more exp or better value than BR ? Online info seems to say the former is more exp due to it being marketed as " the world's most perfectly cut diamond" for all c's being identical

• SRC Member

Thanks, Mitlancer & Demonsori. Just trying to help to my best knowledge.

Sales pitches are always half-believable if not less. Believe in the certificates. They tell the Cs.

if you are not into branded diamond only

i can intro someone to you

his pricing can match US online diamond dealer

hsjeyu.jpg

30xex5k.jpg

this diamond will cost at least 8k if purchased at branded boutique

i got from him at 5.6k only

cheers