weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

roidan, it's been 3 months since I last saw the TW6, I can only give you the dimension of this 1/2hp artica and you go measure your TW6.

Specification:

Model: DA-500B

Cooling capacity: 1170W (1hp = 746W so 1170W = 1.56hp :P)

compressor: 0.5hp

Fan Motor: 16W

weight: 25kg

size: 21"x14"x15"(WXDXH)

but i seriously dun like the idea of putting it in...as u can see..very hard to maneouvre.....have to do a few right angle bends to get to the hole in the wire mesh...

i think putting below is out..if i get it..have to put somewhere...maybe have to get 1hp and put it on the aircon ledge like my aircon compressor...but scarly no space again...

got 2 compressors sitting on the concrete aircon ledge liao... :lol:

forget it.....wait till i do my 12fter somewhere and then transfer everything out of the house...lol :evil:

Weileong, yup... trying to see where is the best place to place the chiller. I got a spot up the wall about 5-6m high. Do you think a MD55 can deliver water up that ht?

MD55 rated for 6m head. so high up? wow... I intend to just place it 2m high only with 25mm tubing.

Bro Roidan, I think put on the aircon ledge then. Wow... if you go for the 1hp that means a sudden huge increase in cooling power :P Can breed polar bear already.

Good to hear more reviews about this chiller.

It should be about time some new products comes along to knock another off the throne! ;)

Some things just don't deserve to be up there. :lol:

• SRC Member
Good to hear more reviews about this chiller.

It should be about time some new products comes along to knock another off the throne! ;)

Some things just don't deserve to be up there. :lol:

Or new product to come in and create competition for the old throne to improve.

• SRC Member

Weileong, actually it has been proven that the artica chiller is much more efficient even with only a 1/2hp rating. In my case , the exact same situation was used between the older and the newer chiller. Same cupboard, same tank, same lighting ritual ,photoperiod and same temp probe :).

In fact , i lowered the lights closer to the water surface as a test and the new chiller didnt even noticed the difference. it went on cooling just like before. Lights are now 6 inches above the water surface as opposed to being about 9 inches off.

The older chiller was already struggling to cool down the tank at 9-12 inches ht.

I've tried with the lights at different height from the water surface, 3,6,9,12" and all did not make a noticeable difference!

The ambient temp does make a great difference. My initial review of the 1.25hp Ti was done in Jan/Feb period when the ambient was cooling. Now is April = hot season so you can see the difference in the performance!!!!