weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EV-240 with Ocean free 9000 pump (4500 l/h 85W). Supposed to be the SEN 900 equivalent which is recommended by AquaC. There is not sufficient pressure from this pump to drive the EV-240 injector properly and insufficient foam is produced so some of the skimmate collects at the foam tower.

The water level is set at the manufactuer's recommend level (same level as the inner platform). Gate valve is set abt 25% open.

With this setup the skimmer still collect some skimmate in the collection cup.

post-34-1076937254.jpg

oh yes forgot to add, now running 1x4500 l/h ocean free + 1xatman AT-106 as return pump.

Now can see the return flow very high. My first compartment starts foaming already due to high volume of water/air mixture. Kinda skimmer.

Maybe must redesign the cover to incoperate a collection cup :yeah::yeah:

post-34-1076938173.jpg

• SRC Member
I guess it's nuking time already.

Saw at least 10 or more easily. I just zoom into a small area of my buttons. They are the same color as my buttons, no wonder sometimes they refuse to open.

can advise what u going to do? juz discover mine got attack from them last night .. funny i have not advise any ls in my main tank for a long while liao, wonder where they come from ..

mydog.gif

After advise from brother rodian, I retweak the skimmer a bit and got this high foam. Before that I cut the flow down too much and gate valve was closed too much and foam "stuck" at 1/2 way up the foam tower. Like what I got in the photos posted yesterday.

Here's the setting on the ball valve.

post-34-1077022836.jpg