Buying Marine Plants!

Alvin C

Hey guys, I'm looking for a few items, do let me know if you have them, or if you know where to get them you can direct me.

Macroalgae:

Caulerpa

Halimeda

Bubble algae

Sargassum

Maiden's Hair

Items: (New or used)

Nitrate Remover

Test kit

2ft sump tank and media

SEA-LAB Formula No.28

Do pm me or contact me at 91591992 if you have anyone of these. Cheers!

check my macro in the trade section. I just fragged a week ago my red ruby and rose petal.

For Sargassum, you can get from CF.

If you are interested, let me know.

========

Hey guys, I'm looking for a few items, do let me know if you have them, or if you know where to get them you can direct me.

Macroalgae:

Caulerpa

Halimeda

Bubble algae

Sargassum

Maiden's Hair

Nitrate Remover

Test kit

2ft sump tank and media

SEA-LAB Formula No.28

Macroalgae:

Caulerpa

Halimeda

Bubble algae

Sargassum

Maiden's Hair

Nitrate Remover

Test kit

2ft sump tank and media

SEA-LAB Formula No.28

Hi Alvin,

(1) macroalgae: There are several types, the most common being C. racemosa -looks like bunches of grapes n can morph into oarlike shape. Usually available from Pinnacle, Ah Meng n Iwarna. Has a tendency to collapse n turn the water milky if conditions r not suitable.

C. sertularoides --feathery-like like coconut leaf fronds. Prolific grower n rated a nuisance algae in the U.S. where large areas have resulted in local algae being killed off. BTW they r inedible unlike racemosa. Curretly Iwarna grows the C. mexicana below their hanging algae filter. Just to name a few from the long list.

(2) Halimeda is a calcareous algae like little prickly pear cactus. Most attached to the mushrooms on rocks u buy. Never seen any for sale 'cos they come foc.

(3) Bubble algae will bloom in ur tank if the water has high nitrate. Lords knows where they come from . It's considered a nuisance algae.

(4) Sargassum can be easily obtained from the breakwater at the East Coast Park, at low tide n washed ashore. U'll need MH to keep them alive. N

the naso literatus is very fond of eating them. A natural source of algae feed.

All things said, Ah Meng nearly always have algae on rocks of a few species for sale.

Hope the above info is useful to u.

Once n algae breeder,

Finbir.

Macroalgae:

Caulerpa

Halimeda

Bubble algae

Sargassum

Maiden's Hair

Nitrate Remover

Test kit

2ft sump tank and media

SEA-LAB Formula No.28

Just 2 add,

Most reefers use the chaeto( chaetomorphora) n it's rated s the best algae 2 assist in water quality(see review on chaeto). Unless u want to use the algae filter mooted by Santa Monica.

Just a note on the Sargassum. MH is not a must. I can attest to that as I have it with just T5 and I did pruning for several times already.

Hi Alvin,

(1) macroalgae: There are several types, the most common being C. racemosa -looks like bunches of grapes n can morph into oarlike shape. Usually available from Pinnacle, Ah Meng n Iwarna. Has a tendency to collapse n turn the water milky if conditions r not suitable.

C. sertularoides --feathery-like like coconut leaf fronds. Prolific grower n rated a nuisance algae in the U.S. where large areas have resulted in local algae being killed off. BTW they r inedible unlike racemosa. Curretly Iwarna grows the C. mexicana below their hanging algae filter. Just to name a few from the long list.

(2) Halimeda is a calcareous algae like little prickly pear cactus. Most attached to the mushrooms on rocks u buy. Never seen any for sale 'cos they come foc.

(3) Bubble algae will bloom in ur tank if the water has high nitrate. Lords knows where they come from . It's considered a nuisance algae.

(4) Sargassum can be easily obtained from the breakwater at the East Coast Park, at low tide n washed ashore. U'll need MH to keep them alive. N

the naso literatus is very fond of eating them. A natural source of algae feed.

All things said, Ah Meng nearly always have algae on rocks of a few species for sale.

Hope the above info is useful to u.

Once n algae breeder,

Finbir.