Redo Aquascaping

enseng

Hi, considering to redo the aquascaping for tank or just add a few liverocks...would like to ask a few questions:

1. Will the rescaping cause the nitrate shoot up? (i supposed it will) Do I have to change 100& water after rescape?

2. After rescaping, do I need recyle the tank again?

3. Thinking to change the sand to chips, does it mean that I have to restart the tank cycling ?

If I have to restart the tank cycling then i might just add a few more LRs...

Need advice... :ThanxSmiley:

omg why do you want to change sand to chips? alot of detritus and stuff will be trapped inside and will really build nutrients up.

sorry, i mean black sand...yah..chips will accumulate lot of detritus..had chips inmy sump previously..already removed it..

just thinking whether to change to black sand..looks nice..but i think got to restart my tank cycling after replacing all the sand ...right?

might not worth to do it...or can i just overlay the black sand on top? just a thought...

• SRC Member

sorry, i mean black sand...yah..chips will accumulate lot of detritus..had chips inmy sump previously..already removed it..

just thinking whether to change to black sand..looks nice..but i think got to restart my tank cycling after replacing all the sand ...right?

might not worth to do it...or can i just overlay the black sand on top? just a thought...

if you overlay the black sand on top, in time you'll get a mixture of black + white, looks greyish sand.. imo does not look nice, looks 'dirty'..

What are you gg to do with your current LS and corals, after rescape + sand change?

Consider this 1st, before stepping into it, as its a major rescape, thats IMO.

yup...i think i am not going to touch the sand..maybe just rescape the rocks...

read that the reefers just transfer their LS to a blue tub and do the rescaping....let the water run for a day and test to confirm no NH4 and NO2 spike...then transfer back all the LS..

I was wondering how about NO3? ..what about reefer who engage external LFS help for rescaping? How they go about doing it?

Anyone has experience can share?

Heard that Iwarna provide this service? I have seen their liferocks formation....is very nice!...Any idea how much do they charge for rescaping?

• SRC Member

yup...i think i am not going to touch the sand..maybe just rescape the rocks...

read that the reefers just transfer their LS to a blue tub and do the rescaping....let the water run for a day and test to confirm no NH4 and NO2 spike...then transfer back all the LS..

I was wondering how about NO3? ..what about reefer who engage external LFS help for rescaping? How they go about doing it?

Anyone has experience can share?

Heard that Iwarna provide this service? I have seen their liferocks formation....is very nice!...Any idea how much do they charge for rescaping?

Can call up Victor to check. I believe they do such service.

For massive water change, it is ~$90. With your scaping, my GUESS will be in the range of ~$180.