WTG Platinum Clowns & Black Tang

lauep

Thumb up for a nice reefer !! :thumbsup: Can the fish still be able to feed or is it still feeding ? You can try feeding the fish with more vitamin enhanced foods i.e Vit C ect.. To help build the nature recovering of the fish itself .

• SRC Member

im sorry to hear that chowder,

clownfish #2 likely wont be able to survive unless the vet knows stitching and neurons regeneration on fish , however clownfish #1 might be able to.

im so sorry to hear about your lost, it aches me bad as well by hearing it.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Dear reefer bros,

thanks for your keen PMs and msgs. Both platinum clowns have been adopted by a vet reefer (he doesn't want to be named) who recently setup his 1ft cube tank.

A bit of background of the tragic story.... Both clowns are seriously seriously injured by my wave-maker. Clown #1 swimming fins are all torn and face bruised, in addition my wyoming white's little fish jaw has been ripped off (only left hanging by the skin). Might not survive thou... but both fishes will be soaked in numbing solution and transferred to his clinic. <My bad....> :cry:

I will post pics of the injured fishes if I get the chance.

As for the black tang, currently it is already reserved. Will keep all reefers of any updates if there are any changes.

Once again, thank you for all of your PMs and msgs

Sad to hear tat of your clownfish pair, esp for it to happen to a pair of v expensive clowns. My snowflake clown also suffered the same fate when it got sucked into the hose of my skimmer and is shredded to nothing, these tank-raised clowns are so small and vulnerable to the suction force of our equipments. Glad to hear tat your clown pairs are under the care of a vet reefer cos nobody else here in SRC i'm sure will be able to nurse it back to health. However if the clowns are exactly like wat u've described, i doubt it can survive and heal, dun be too sad if they cant make it.

Also did anything bad happen to your black tang tat u are giving it off for free instead of selling it?

• Senior Reefer

_____

Hi Lemon Lemon bro,

understand you are an expert in marine fishes. Do you know how to treat fishes if their lower jaw gets torn or ripped off?

Would you know what are the chances of them surviving?

Seeking your advice here..... thanks

hi bro, sorry did not really answer your reply here or at the bbq, so i will explain more in detail here.

i have seen pictures and in real life, anthias with dislocated ripped off jaws due to aggressiveness in feeding. they will try to feed but it will be impossible due to the broken mouth. they will slowly die either from starvation, or bacterial infection.

as for the fins, if the fins are cut too deep into the hard rays, it will be un-savable. fins are divided into two portions. the harder bottom section and the soft top section. if damage is done to the base, it is irreversible and may not grow back fully, or may not grow back at all.

hopefully your vet friend is able to stitch the jaw back together. surgery in marine fishes is not uncommon. there's a guy in the states who brought his 10 year old french angel to a vet to operate out a tumour, stitch back and healed perfectly.

however on a small tiny clown likes yours with injuries at such severity, i'm sorry to say that it's almost no hope. not to be a wet blanket, but don't get your hopes up. although it's good to be positive.

i'm very suprised your clowns are still alive. and such cases are almost always freak cases and don't happen often at all. so this is the best to which i can help you with, if there's even any help at all.

take care!