how do I acclimatize corals to new lights??

X_Japan

• SRC Member

WhAt?!

So long?!

my cannopy is fixed already

it is standard.......10 inches above the water surface

hmm........

because I am afraid that when I start to turn it on, All my corals will start to bleach instead of showing good colouration and growth

• SRC Member

What kind of corals do you have?

The softies are all pretty adaptable. Plus I don't think light shock is that huge of a problem even for hard corals.

Be that as it may, it is still a good idea to acclimatize the hard corals, just to be safe. . . . but I guess having a fix canopy kills that idea.

All I can think of is if you have more than one bulb coming, you might just try adding a single bulb at first. :(

• SRC Member

You can also try mesh or similar stuff that will partially block light. Iwasaki are super bright but I'll be more worried about the UV than visible light though. You can also decrease the photoperiod and slowly ramp it up to normal again with a daily increase of half to one hour depending on what type of corals.

Don't worry if the corals become bleached, given good conditions, they will recover within a week.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Sure! If your corals bleach or die, then you will just have to let it be.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif