How to restart live rock

fleek

• SRC Member

heh heh...You mean "How to revive dead rock?"

I just rinse it during a water change session, & put them back into the tank with those 'live' ones.

It's purple again after a few months. Would probably have been more effective if I had dosed some bacteria during then.

• SRC Member

I think its just like normal dead sand once its in the water just like a normal reef tank

with bacteria added and stuff the sand would become live yea so think if you mix the rocks with live rocks and dose bacteria

it will work :thumbsup:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

Basically just put your dead rocks into your tank,with the lighting n bacteria etc.(normal marine fish keeping method)

Very soon it will become live rock again.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• 9 months later...
  • SRC Member

I happen to have a big coralline alage size of a fist like a rose grown from my old tank

now it turn white after out from water after i stop 3 years ago

if put back into salt water can revive? :)

• 1 month later...

heh heh...You mean "How to revive dead rock?"

I just rinse it during a water change session, & put them back into the tank with those 'live' ones.

It's purple again after a few months. Would probably have been more effective if I had dosed some bacteria during then.

How do you douse bacteria onto them? Inside the tank or when you're rinsing them under the tap? Are these in liquid form?

Tips and resources on maintaining a thriving marine reef aquarium.

• SRC Member

How do you douse bacteria onto them? Inside the tank or when you're rinsing them under the tap? Are these in liquid form?

dont rinse under the tap ... amitabah

I will rinse with distilled water or salt-mix water that's gona throw for water change

just leave the rock in the tank ba...

yes, let nature take its course...

bacteria can get product like brightwell microbact7 from lfs like aquamarin