Anyone giving any fish?

woshiyr

• SRC Member

Needed fish, my tank had been cycled and ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are already stable. If anyone giving anything lifestock please text me at 81388624.

What fish are you looking for? Angelfish? Butterflyfish?

Even any bro here put up adoption for their fish, they too expect someone who can take good care of their fish. You can go ah Beng shop to get damsel from $1-2 only. But if you think you still want foc , you can go to east coast or pasir ris beach to hand caught personally. In this hobby, it is all about time, effort and money. Of course find out more infor for the requirement for each fish before adding to your tank.

This is the first time I came across someone asking for fish foc. Please maintain the Class in marine fish keeping.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

Hi I just cleared my tank. I have 3 fishes (blue damsel, neon damsel & foxface) that I intended to give to iwarna in the morning. Unless u want them ah but have to collect tml morning cause they're already in a pail & I don't have a pump.

when in doubt, get a hammer..

• SRC Member

Same guy as Arie. Still supporting him by offering him LS ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Senior Reefer

recently alot of very irritating members.

don't mind me being harsh but may i know what's going on? no actually, i take back what i said. If indeed double nicking is going on, then have to take action alrady.

people asking for free fish, not listening to advice despite given.

and all very new members emerging about the same time.

time to do clean up and run all the I.P addresses already.

• SRC Member

Haha how do we know if his tank is stable? :pirate:

its gonna waste the mod's time to check on double nicks again! :angry2:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• Senior Reefer

there's no wastage in time really.

everytime you post, your I.P shows up beside your name.

Different I.P does not mean different user.

I use my laptop, my bro's laptop and my mother's laptop = all diff I.P.

we have other ways to trace.

But this disgusting begging of free livestock is getting on my nerves. willing to spend on the tank but unwilling to spend on livestock, then better don't keep la.

sounds like a fling to me.

• SRC Member

recently alot of very irritating members.

don't mind me being harsh but may i know what's going on? no actually, i take back what i said. If indeed double nicking is going on, then have to take action alrady.

people asking for free fish, not listening to advice despite given.

and all very new members emerging about the same time.

time to do clean up and run all the I.P addresses already.

relac bro lemon... 一中米养百中人

there's alot of things beyond our control...

Let them be... If they think they can keep the fish just let them keep lo.

End day die they cruel not us. But of coz those who read this msg try not to get fishes on impulse...

Pls try saving gaia... Thanks! :)

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• Senior Reefer

lol.

doesn't matter to me, i don't get worked up over this kind of things so easily anymore.

as of now we have not determined if they are indeed the same user, so cannot do anything yet. but we will look into the matter, as i've received many reports.

sorry nowadays moderator working abit slowly. this moderator need to go school already so not so free liao ;)

• SRC Member

Ya very true! Its good time to take out this mess when we have people doing such stuffs :thumbdown:

(I rather go keep ants or something if I have no money to buy LS)

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

But this disgusting begging of free livestock is getting on my nerves. willing to spend on the tank but unwilling to spend on livestock, then better don't keep la.

We need a policemen like you in this forum Lemon. ( very impress with this mod, most hardworking one. HM you have got the right person to assist you)

Sorry Terry, didn't you notice this thread and other thread are similar?

This guy love to drive a Ferrari but no $ to pump petrol.

• SRC Member

Even if you were to adopt a Dog from SPCA requires a token sum and for you to sign some papers man.

I am definitely not letting this dude rear any of my fishes. Fishes are pets, they have a life, unless you are ready to commit, don't just suka suka keep.

If they die die don't wanna eat die of starvation (for picky fish) still can understand. This guy is just messing around and gonna kill a lot of LS given to him by kind reefers.

Thumbs down to you. thumbdown.gif

• Senior Reefer

We need a policemen like you in this forum Lemon. ( very impress with this mod, most hardworking one. HM you have got the right person to assist you)

tone down alot already...

last time used to be more policeman but got negative feedback. so now try to be lawyer

ok will update this thead hopefully soon.

in the mean time, let's try not to encourage this and just go back doing what we were doing.

• Senior Reefer

as an adivce to all reefers reading this,

please treat all fishes you buy, adopt etc with respect as it's a living thing afterall. it sacrificed it's life in the ocean just to live in our tiny little tanks. we bear all responsibility to take care of it.

just because it does not bark, or meow, or come to you when you call it, or greet you when you come back, does not mean it can be tossed around like popcorn. it's exactly because of it's lack of interaction that people disregard fishes as pets and lives.

but if you've reef long enough like some of the senior members here, you'll realise that many fishes are intelligent and can engage in some degree of interaction and are actually very smart.

angels, puffers, triggers are some of the smarter fishes and can recognize people and signals.

• SRC Member

:agreed: He is asking petrol from us to run his ferrari!

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

Erm.. Seriously, no leh... And I never go thru all these request threads... only take note of newbie asking questions...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Erm.. Seriously, no leh... And I never go thru all these request threads... only take note of newbie asking questions...

Haha, I was surprise too. First was Arie asking free stuff, the come a AngelFish guy daring daring asking anyone giving any fish.

First time came across people asking foc instead of giving foc.

Haha, I was surprise too. First was Arie asking free stuff, the come a AngelFish guy daring daring asking anyone giving any fish.

First time came across people asking foc instead of giving foc.

I think after this incident we will be more alert in sourcing out these double nickers...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

LOL!!! That guy must be sweating after reading all the comments..

My Simple Tank Spec

Main Tank LPS and Softies 4x2x2.5ft

Sump Tank 2.5x1.5x1.5ft with lots of LR

Remote Sump Tank 2x1x1ft dsb refugium with chaeto, mangroves and Gracilaria curtissae macroalgae

DIY LED with 6x 3W Blue and 6x 3W White main tank light

DIY LED with 1x 3W Blue and 1x 3W Red refugium light

DIY LED 1x 1W Blue moonlighting

Now convert to skimmerless Tank

1 x Rio 14HF Return Pump

1 x SunSun JVP-102 wavemaker

1 x 2x1 vertical Algae Turf Scrubber with 2x 10W LED Warm White

• SRC Member

Hey i dont think it is rather right for you to sasy something like that we are just saving money on the lifestock and on the other hand we are helping those who do not want their fishes to give them another chance of life with a new owner. So far i only took a damsel fish that was foc it was only like $2 from a fish shop but i chose to travel to take it. I have lifestocks in my tank too there are all sorts of clownfish and starfish and other fishes but well i thought if theres someone giving why not take it and not waste the money. TO add on to the recent rumours im not this guy nor do i have a double nickname or something i am just a young boy who has just developed interest in marine fishes i am not working so please dont judge us. If this guy is what they say than don bring me into it and about the vulgarity things not everyone reacts the same way as others do and its fustrating looking at 30++ reply when none of them is giving you fish but instead reprimanding and accusing me of what i never do, thats all i wanna say.

• Senior Reefer

Hey i dont think it is rather right for you to sasy something like that we are just saving money on the lifestock and on the other hand we are helping those who do not want their fishes to give them another chance of life with a new owner. So far i only took a damsel fish that was foc it was only like $2 from a fish shop but i chose to travel to take it. I have lifestocks in my tank too there are all sorts of clownfish and starfish and other fishes but well i thought if theres someone giving why not take it and not waste the money. TO add on to the recent rumours im not this guy nor do i have a double nickname or something i am just a young boy who has just developed interest in marine fishes i am not working so please dont judge us. If this guy is what they say than don bring me into it and about the vulgarity things not everyone reacts the same way as others do and its fustrating looking at 30++ reply when none of them is giving you fish but instead reprimanding and accusing me of what i never do, thats all i wanna say.

hi bro Arie,

I empathize with you. I too, am a young boy like you. 18 years of age. I completely understand how you feel. However, you will realize that this forum is very adult dominated and you will get crushed very easily here if you don't learn how to adapt, and adapt fast.

I was like you before 2 years ago. I was very much disliked as well. Go do a search on my name, read up on my old posts. I have nothing to hide. Truth is, the teenage mentality does not suit well here. After awhile, naturally you will learn to adapt and behave, act more maturely.

That is why i love spending my time in this forum. In the day i am a normal teenage boy with teenage friends acting like a normal teenage boy, but here, i learn to control, type properly, watch my language and act with some ethics.

I'm not saying asking for free things is wrong. Firstly, this is the wrong thread to do so. 2ndly, this hobby is very expensive and you must be willing to spend. There are many experienced reefers here and making multiple threads asking for free things is unsightly and classless.

However, as you can see, many people replied you and are helping you, with free stuff to give. however, no matter how wronged you are, always remember to keep your cool and learn to control the words you use. otherwise you will only be more hated.

Secondly, i never accuse you of double nicking. I am a moderator and i cannot anyhow accuse anyone of any crime unless i have solid evidence. Re-read all my posts. i did not confirm you are a multi-nicker. However, people complain, and it is my job to go and do a search.

Can you blame me for doing my job? No, you cannot. Can you blame the reefers here for suspecting? No you cannot too!

Recently there have been alot of new reefers popping up asking for free things. It's too much of a coincidence and naturally, people will suspect. So they will report.

If you have nothing to hide, then don't act up and scold vulgarities. Like I said, you have to act abit more mature here.

I believe you are new.

Let me tell you something about me. I don't like it when new reefers do no research and go into things impulsively. The internet is a soup of knowledge and if you don't do any re-search, then it's your fault. I believe you just started correct? Already you have many clownfish, starfish, damselfish etc. Do a research on these fishes and see how they will play out in your tank. I can tell you, not good.

So i hope you read my long and boring post and then absorb it in.

I understand that it's your personality. But you must change it someway or another. How you act in real life, i don't care. But when you're in this forum, i hope you at least abide by some rules and standards.

Thank you!

Lemon.

• Senior Reefer

anyway, let's all close this alright?

It's not nice to fight, accuse and do silly things like this. Everyone have their own lives to lead and this is just a hobby. what for make it so unpleasant.

I have to juggle between school, personal life and moderating this forum. The other moderators are very busy with work and i'm one of the more free ones so i tend to keep up with what's going on more frequently.

However, don't make life difficult for the mods and myself by openly flaming each other and creating unnecessary trouble.

The 3 users suspected of double nicking all came back clean.

All three show different I.P and are different users as far as we know. It's just a coincidence but we will be keeping an eye on them from now.