How to prevent my big clownfish from attacking my small clownfish

Yesterday, I had just bought 2pcs of percular clownfish from ah beng.... The moment i put this two clownfish in my nano tank, my this big clownfish start chasing after my this 2pc of percular clownfish.... This mornig, i realised that this 2 ps of percular clownfish trapped themself at the upper corner of the tank and one of this percular clownfish seems like swimming upside down... and this afternoon when i was back... only left one percular clownfish.... and saw my crab eating the remainings of the clownfish......

Can anyone please advise me what should i do to prevent this big clownfish from attacking the last percular clownfish. thks

• SRC Member

^ u can't prevent it.. dominant clown will become female over time..

the reason why this happened is most likely because these 2 perculars WERE NOT paired up properly beforehand.. for clownfishes, its better that u pair them up before attempting to throw them both inside and 'let them fight it out'..

what i always do is.. put them into isolation acrylic boxes.. they can see each other, but cannot fight.. the dominant one will grow bigger very quickly (this is your female).. and when u see the smaller male do the 'vibration dance' and there is lesser aggression from the dominant female, let them out and MONITOR closely.. its easy with perculars and occellaris.. but i've done this with aggressive tomatos and maroons too, just that they take MUCH more time..

all the best bro.. just my 2cents worth of how i usually pair them.. :friends:

• SRC Member

^ oooooh ic.. my bad.. mis-read.. :poster_oops:

anyway bro rogerwee, still advisable to pair ur clowns up before throwing them into main tank.. and also, advisable to have only 1 pair.. unless ur tank is big or the fishes are small..

wat i did was to put the big clownfish to the betta box and introduced the small (size is abt half of the big one). observed the two clown behaviour then released the big one out..it works for me...

Same... it works for me

put the Harsh fella in betta until give up fighting... let them watch each other for sometime, until the aggressiveness gone... it is very tedious process.. let them fight might end up killing or sometime Jaw-lock until loss appetite....

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

In future do some study before 1 live gone. Mix n match marine fishes need some study coz not all LS can get along well with the rest :)

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!