ID Anemone and Fish

Here are some stuff I scooped up from a beach.

The fish had settled into my tank very well and was seen picking at algae and stuff off the sandbed. It also seems to be able to cling onto any surface.

I scooped up 2 of these and they seem to hang out together.

fish3.jpg

Next are some cool looking anemones. They look like giant Pest Anemones but do not extend out the way the pests do. They also have a nice patterning on their tentacles.

I picked up a small rock with 2 of them attached but moved to areas with low water flow once I placed them in my tank.

Anemone8.jpg

Anemone.jpg

Please help to ID them.

FOWLR Tank : Decom

Invert Tank: Decom

Current Tank: 2 ft with 2ft sump, 2 pyjama Cardinals, 1 Watchman Goby, 8 sand gobies, common saltwater shrimps, 3 turbo snails. 1 super green paly

• SRC Member

for the fishes, i think it is a sand goby. Theer are in fact many many different species of these in Singapore waters. It is very difficult to ID unless you want to go into the scientific names.

The anemones is the normal glass anemone. Some of the reefers here will regard them as a pest and in fact they are quite "dangerous" as I have seen they "sting" sand goby to dead in matters of minutes. So be careful if you have fishes in your tank. To "kill" them inject lemon juice into their bodies. Suggest you remove unless you eally want to keep them or don't mind these beautiful creatures (in my opinion).

Agreed bro, the anemone on the pic is quite dangerous... last time I used to tried putting it in a tank, at night it hunt for food and will stretched itself. Unlucky, the anemone sting on of my fish and makan. :sick: take it out bro...

• 3 years later...