ID for this yellow fish

• Senior Reefer

Yellow brotulid.

Dinematichthys iluocoeteoides

the scientific name is very rarely used so searching "yellow brotulid" will yield higher results.

this fish give birth to it's young alive. like guppies.

thanks terry.

that's precisely why i had so much difficulty taking its picture.

guess i better release into the tank in the cover of darkness... in case it's being bullied by other fish.

thanks guys... did some quick reading on this fish... apparently not sort after by reefers, as it's cryptic and mostly always hiding.

there were 2 available, and i got 1... can't differentiate the gender... in case i got a pair of gay Dusky Brotulina of yellow eel goby .

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer

Yellow brotulid.

Dinematichthys iluocoeteoides

the scientific name is very rarely used so searching "yellow brotulid" will yield higher results.

this fish give birth to it's young alive. like guppies.

i did not know the scientific name only yesterday when i was searching it for you.

but i do know it's a brotulid.

this is one of the very very few fishes whose species name is super difficult to pronounce. and i can't seem to pronounce it.

• SRC Member

thanks terry.

that's precisely why i had so much difficulty taking its picture.

guess i better release into the tank in the cover of darkness... in case it's being bullied by other fish.

thanks guys... did some quick reading on this fish... apparently not sort after by reefers, as it's cryptic and mostly always hiding.

there were 2 available, and i got 1... can't differentiate the gender... in case i got a pair of gay Dusky Brotulina of yellow eel goby .

If you put it into your display tank, high chance you'll never see it again...

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

:(

I'm reluctant to release this guy into the main tank. It now in a small box (the same black box) in my refugium (hanging on holding tank).

This way I can still admire it. It's nice to see the tail swirling like an eel.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Where in the world did you get the fish from dude?

Haha. Would I be an idiot if I said, "the ocean"??

:)

Jokes aside: it's from Irene. Went there just to buy pineapple tarts. End up buying 3 fish! Went back today and bought another 2. The smith's fang blenny (thanks to Straydum, Darren) for his ID.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

The pineapple tarts are gooooood! I've bought for a couple of years already. But this year I am late. Bought too last minute. She has closed orders already.

This year she has this nice rabbit shape tart! Looks cute man. But I'm just too late. Arrgghh!

Will try again next year. I told Irene next year I want to get more boxes.. (Dragon year). Can imagine the shape of the tarts. Haha.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Haha. Would I be an idiot if I said, "the ocean"??

:)

Jokes aside: it's from Irene. Went there just to buy pineapple tarts. End up buying 3 fish! Went back today and bought another 2. The smith's fang blenny (thanks to Straydum, Darren) for his ID.

Hahaha you're good lah dude, the Missus sends you out to buy yellow pineapple tarts, you come home with yellow Dinematichthys Iluocoeteoides Whateveritsnameis. :yahoo:

Next time she won't send you out for bigger errands anymore, for fear of what other fish you might bring back! :whistle

Ok. End of OT on a boring cold Sunday evening.

PS: When are we ready for some Zoa fraggin'? :eyebrow:

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• Senior Reefer

brotulid commonly found at ah beng, cf and irene.

irene's tarts are awesome.

today went back to buy almond cookies (she gave me a sample and i swear a tear rolled down my cheeks as i bit into it) but no more! apparently need to pre-order.

her cookies are insane! they're very popular.

Lemon, I think Irene will increase her price next year with this advertising! Haha.

But yes. No more selling le.

I think I was just plain lucky to get one box yday.

Definitely value for money!

Just like the livestocks in her shop!

Btw: the remaining Brotulid is sold.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, I think Irene will increase her price next year with this advertising! Haha.

But yes. No more selling le.

I think I was just plain lucky to get one box yday.

Definitely value for money!

Just like the livestocks in her shop!

Btw: the remaining Brotulid is sold.

she occasionally have rare stuff.

there was once she brought in the incredibly rare leucozonas anthias from Bali.

i'll be waiting for another one from her!