My Very First Nano

Nice looking tank. Are you using the stock return pump? What's the turn-over rate like?

Yeah, its comes together with the tank purchased. About the turn-over rate, not really sure about it.

Sorry for the blur pic, taken from iphone and just added the premixed saltwater, alittle bit cloudy, now it's clear up pretty well.

I was thinking that if the turn-over rate is high enough, you'd not need to give up additional real estate for a wave maker.(Not to mention the extra heat)

Keep the pics coming ok?

It should be ok for some softies and mushrooms. And, i don't think a wavemaker would fit in. Sure, i would be adding a harlequin shrimp pretty soon, as this tank is specially made for it cheers.gif

• SRC Member

It should be ok for some softies and mushrooms. And, i don't think a wavemaker would fit in. Sure, i would be adding a harlequin shrimp pretty soon, as this tank is specially made for it cheers.gif

Take note there are some dead spots that the light cannot reach.

Just my 2 cents...

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• SRC Member

Hi Alex

You can check my wife's (DESI) thread on her IQ5, i think setup wise is similar. You can add in a tunze nano pump to generate some flow. :)

Take note there are some dead spots that the light cannot reach.

Just my 2 cents...

Tks for the heads up, i knew that very well but i dont really worry for it as it tank is probably gonna be a shrimp tank with some zoas on the most top, im not gonna put any coral on the sand bed without light so dont worry friends.gif

• SRC Member

wah, your star fish is huge... your HS sure pui pui! I rem someone teach me b4 one way to prevent the tank being affect is to chop the legs one a time and then chop another leg from another star fish while this one heals.. somethimng like that.

Updates again!!!

Quite some changes from the other update groupwavereversed.gif

post-18644-0-79418400-1297676168_thumb.j

MORE ALGAE THIS TIMES !!! GRRR....

post-18644-0-87711900-1297676187_thumb.j

the zoas are not opening well due to the movement of the pipefish, it loves to stick together with the coral then the poylps retracts

post-18644-0-69108800-1297676204_thumb.j

FTS!!

post-18644-0-89754700-1297676216_thumb.j

Sorry couldn't get a nice pic of the leopard wrasse very active hard to take pic dry.gif

Sometimes algae growth is due to insufficient flow in your tank.

Agree but not in this situation, the return pipe is just above it so it should have alot of flow. Sometime my shrimps climb up still cannot tahan the strong wave. However, i would add a wavemaker at the bottom for better circulation in the future.