Mini tube worms

I have alot of these in my tank.. mini tube worms that builds a hard calcium tube.

Are they harmful or what effects do they bring to the tank? reduce calcium?

For me i have to take out my PH probe every few weeks to clean and soak in vinegar to remove them as they grow eveywhere, including in wavemakers..

• SRC Member

Many hobbyist desire such tube worms. regular water changes will alley your calcium depletion fears.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Are these the ones where they have small fillers and spit out like spider web? I think i have some in my tank... irritating and make the tank looks dirty.

Hi, Bro Ketchup, your's could be Vermetid worm/Wurmschnecken. Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Interesting fact: Vermetids are actually snails, not worms. http://reefkeeping.c...01/rs/index.php

I'm assuming Kuay5 is talking about mini feather dusters as shown below:

1412d1234585294t-feather-duster-worms-good-bad-1485596537_3933a9a85f.jpg

http://reefkeeping.c...05/rs/index.php

Another similar looking creature is the spaghetti worm This do not produce calcerous shells.

SpagWorm_id.JPG

most reefers consider the first as pests and the other 2 harmless. I think they are all harmless and help clean up your tank of leftover food.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)