cleaning wrasse

dnsfpl

beside six line and yellow wrasse

what other options do i have?

i am looking for non aggressive cleaner

thanks

I vote Yellow Wrasse from yr list above...

U may add Mystery, Radiant, Leopard & Flame Wrasses etc.. To increase the probably of pest control. Some of them may doing the cleaning job as well..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Many reefers are getting the "wrong" yellow wrasse for the work of eradicating pest such as Nudi and Worms..

Many are buying Biochoeres chrysus aka the common yellow wrasse, which yes, it also do the work but they grows too big and normally will stop working and wait for food..

The one that I suggest is Biochoeres leucoxanthus aka white belly yellow wrasse, from my experience, they are more inquistive and more active in looking for bristleworm and nudi in betweens the rocks and cervice and on the zoas, it will spend the whole day cruising around inspecting the ground... But his one is a bit more expensive than the common yellow wrasse... And yes, it also eats pellets and mysis..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Biochoeres is a new genus in which some of the former members of "halichoeres" are being placed it.

it's not really recognised internationally yet.

so for terryz reply above, please google Halichoeres chrysus and Halichoeres leucoxanthus

but for very precise taxonomy and scientific nomenclature, they are regarded as Biochoeres chrysus and B. leucoxanthus.

The old genus of "Halichoeres" is very messy and many species inside are being reclassified into new genus. The old "Halichoeres" was regarded as a dumping ground for most wrasse and now the whole genus is being split apart.

but for simplicity sake, just search "Halichoeres" because most of the information is listed under the old name.

wow learn something new again

the best option for cleaning pest is the correct yellow wrasse?

thanks all and enjoy ya weekend :)

In term of cost.. yes, yellow wrasse is cheap & good for pest control... U can try Leopard (splendid), Radiant or Mystery but a bit Exp. Mine very hard working searching foods on rocks whole day. Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Lemon/Terry... i heard abt this and from what i can see both seems almost identical... how do we ID the right yellow wrasse?

The belly is white for the correct one... CF have a few today.

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

I have a Melanurus wrasses and it eradicated my flatworm and controlled the bristle worm population,for me its the most effective and colorful wrasses in cleaning up pesky worm

The Pacific is my reef tank

Visit me @ www.seareef.com/SD/forum.php

or AquaSD when ever your in San Diego

• SRC Member

In term of cost.. yes, yellow wrasse is cheap & good for pest control... U can try Leopard (splendid), Radiant or Mystery but a bit Exp. Mine very hard working searching foods on rocks whole day. Cheers..

I want your hardworking mystery!!!! :) :) :)

A Little Stress-Relieving Fish Tank

surprise it consuming pellet already

hopefully it will adapt to my bare bottom setup

its trying to pierce pass the bottom glass lol

Mind PM me the price?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe