Push Cart @ thomson Plaza

desideria

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they started out 1-2 months after the world cup last year.. did anyone notice the mini octopus they placed in the IQ3?!

my mum dont know them personally, but knows them cos she has a pushcart at thomson plaza as well, and she knows i'm into the marine hobby, thats why she went to talk to them and they exchanged numbers.. haha..

i dont know them well, if not i would have told them off already.. they might just tell me to mind my own business while they mind their own if i bring this up.. hahahhaa :D

Most people will be on the defense when they perceives that they are being "Judged" thus it may take sometime for them to see that you are genuinely trying to help.

With your mum having their contact is a good start, it will be good to make friends with them and from there on, find an angle to assist them. If it is too much of a hassle, you may want to introduce them to MASS, we will be able to assist. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Senior Reefer

I hope they are reading here. if so, read this.

Unethical.

and not to mention the hundreds of photos being used on their websites taken from internet with no proper credits given. they need to seek approval from the photo source itself if they want to publish it on a public website domain for business.

sigh.

• SRC Member

I hope they are reading here. if so, read this.

Unethical.

and not to mention the hundreds of photos being used on their websites taken from internet with no proper credits given. they need to seek approval from the photo source itself if they want to publish it on a public website domain for business.

sigh.

Just didn't want to be the first one to mention this.... LOL. I bet they didn't ask permission from Disney to use Finding Nemo imagery....

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

the website has pics ... so you can see who they are :eyebrow:

Poomoon you know them??? ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Making my point more visible:

The shop targets impulse buys which is hardly a sustainable business model. Consumers are a clever lot - once bitten, twice shy.

To make their business more sustainable, they should learn, practice, and convey to their customers the sustainable ways for running those tanks.

Blue tang in such tanks = NOT Sustainable. Ich the next day - dead fish soon after - sobbing child - angered parent - disgruntled consumer vowing not to patronize again.

Being businessmen, I'm sure the owner/s would like his business to be sustainable rather than a fad that goes bust after a while. (The business capital goes up lorry) Worse still if capital is borrowed, up lorry but still need to pay back principal and interest.

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Poomoon you know them??? ;)

Poomon's post on page 1have the website lah~.... lot's of photos. main owner is old uncle.

• SRC Member

LOL I went to the website and I think I saw the pics of someone's tank that we know in one of their Benefits of having a tank section..... Looks rather familliar...though I could be wrong!

btw, I scrolled down their "chat window"... and I read the advice they gave on white spot.. I really didnt know whether to laugh in derision or to just gasp in shock... so it was an inbetween ###### expression that emerged.. :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Poomon's post on page 1have the website lah~.... lot's of photos. main owner is old uncle.

Got photo but I dunno them... I thought Poomoon knows them or at least know their nic in SRC :idea::evil:

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

LOL I went to the website and I think I saw the pics of someone's tank that we know in one of their Benefits of having a tank section..... Looks rather familliar...though I could be wrong!

Wow, looks like the mystery will be revealed soon. ;)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Got photo but I dunno them... I thought Poomoon knows them or at least know their nic in SRC :idea::evil:

Sly..... devil.gif

Wow, looks like the mystery will be revealed soon. ;)

Don't be shy lah~ We are just trying to help. At the least, I promise not to flame you.....

• SRC Member

btw, I scrolled down their "chat window"... and I read the advice they gave on white spot.. I really didnt know whether to laugh in derision or to just gasp in shock... so it was an inbetween ###### expression that emerged.. :P

you meant this???

dsc02229z.jpg

• SRC Member

Sly..... devil.gif

Don't be shy lah~ We are just trying to help. At the least, I promise not to flame you.....

hehe dunno them at all. didn't even had the idea if they are members of src. just saw the pushcart in TP with a lot of ppl around, so i checked it out and saw what i mentioned earlier in the thread. i just saw one sign there displaying their website ... <_<

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

hehe dunno them at all. didn't even had the idea if they are members of src. just saw the pushcart in TP with a lot of ppl around, so i checked it out and saw what i mentioned earlier in the thread. i just saw one sign there displaying their website ... <_<

Hahaha, Not referring to you, Poomon. Chill...thumbsup.gif

The post below is intended for anyone connected to the shop-of-intense-interest-at-the-moment.

"Don't be shy lah~ We are just trying to help. At the least, I promise not to flame you....."

• SRC Member

Start to see comments on their chat box. LOL. hope they notice soon.

• SRC Member

Hahaha, Not referring to you, Poomon. Chill...thumbsup.gif

The post below is intended for anyone connected to the shop-of-intense-interest-at-the-moment.

"Don't be shy lah~ We are just trying to help. At the least, I promise not to flame you....."

haha wrong quote ... it's supposed to be reply to Gouldian's post :

Got photo but I dunno them... I thought Poomoon knows them or at least know their nic in SRC

:lol:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

I think no need me already. Someone here has whacked them the first blow. HAHA :D

Anyway, really funny reading their replies to customers. hahaha :)

Gouldian why not you someday pay them a visit? Pretend to be an ignorant customer then before leaving, hand them a MASS brochure and tell them you are the founder of the society. I can imagine their shocked blatant faces. :P

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.