Fishes and Dead Rock Tank( Just Set up)

tijou

Nice... what filtration and lightings you use?

Thanks for sharing. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Hey..I am using a sump tank with biohome and coral chip..

I am using the algae scrubber method..no protein skimmer..no chiller.. Only problem is ich occasionally.. Treatment with seachem cupramine..

Amonia, nitrate and nitrite currently zero..my sg is 1.018.. Been testing every week.. But no sure how long it's gonna be maintained like that.. Let wait another 1 month to see if the algae scrubber is it so effective before I want to really give a breakdown of my system...

• SRC Member

u will need skimmer...as i can c u have a couple of angels...they produce alot of poo and waste....n they need heavy feeding to keep up with their needs...your current system of relying on biohomme is not enough...algae scrubber can help with some nutrient export, but not enough to keep up with the amt of waste these angels and tangs will produce...just my opinion...watever works for u...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Wow! it baffles me how you stack those rocks! anyway nice colourful fishes!

hey with regards to the ich, i think its a standard when starting any FOWLR tank. focus on improving fish health and immunity through regular feeding. Possibly with garlic marinated food. In due time, once water condition stabilizes, the ich will go away.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

Ok..thanks ah siang.. Btw..do u know who is the forum sponsor that supplies bubble mangus protein skimmer? Actually i am in the midst of getting one...thanks

IMO, since you are getting very good results from your scrubber, why don't you monitor a bit longer its effectiveness before adding another equipment that takes up electricity and add extra heat into the tank from the pump? If the scrubber continues to work best for you, you don't even need to waste that extra money too. No harm monitoring it a bit longer.

Hey John.. Thanks .. Anyway I followed ur recommendations of using the scrubber system.. It's working really fine at the moment.. The only troublesome problem is washing the piece of cloth..

My friend help me to stack the landscape.. This guy is good with stacking cos it's his hobby and he charges a resonable prices for other big tank.....my is foc..

Underwater - bro..thanks for the advice..yes..I will monitor it one or two more month to see the effectiveness of the algae scrubber.. But I thought it's quite amazing as every week, the test indicate zero for the nutrients...

• SRC Member

Underwater - bro..thanks for the advice..yes..I will monitor it one or two more month to see the effectiveness of the algae scrubber.. But I thought it's quite amazing as every week, the test indicate zero for the nutrients...

It's indeed pretty effective to bring down nitrates. I've been using scrubber for more than a year now and nitrate remains as undetectable. Seldom do water changes but i dose supplements and add carbon. No skimmer. I have 4 tangs and 30 smaller fishes in my 4 ft with LPS and softies. I never achieve such results with skimmer and water changes previously. I'm still monitoring for longer term effectiveness.

For the screen, you can consider those plastic knitting sheet which many of us use, durable and easy to clean.