Stocking up my tank

tofubox

Hi guys,

I will be stocking up my tank with livestocks 2 mths time. Tank has been running for 5 mths now, had some problem with ich, so took all my fishes out for quranteen. Gives me a good opportuniy to select the stocks i should put in first, afriad of aggression which can lead to stress, and yet another episode of ich. Any suggestions? Will be stocking as slow as possible to avoid bioload problems, just need a heads up on which to stock first. Also is there any compatibility issues with the below mentioned fishes?

Tank size + Sump = 550L

Livestock in mind,

1. 2 x Splendid Leopard Wrasse

2. 1 x True Percular Clown Fish

3. 1 x Hippo Tang

4. 1 x Sohal Tang

5. 5 x Queen Anthias

6. 5 x Blue Chromis

7. 2 x Purple Firefish

Appreciate some advice from the more experienced reefers! Thanks!

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

If u have those fishes in mind then I suggest u put in the purple queen anthias together with the firefish. Sohal u might want to think twice of adding cos its the most unforgiving fish no matter what fish u put in later. I suggest u put it in last only after your tank is fully stable with all other fishes settled down. If u put it in now u might regret cos it will "eat" up other fishes especially other tangs.

Just my two cents worth.

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

I will be stocking up my tank with livestocks 2 mths time. Tank has been running for 5 mths now, had some problem with ich, so took all my fishes out for quranteen. Gives me a good opportuniy to select the stocks i should put in first, afriad of aggression which can lead to stress, and yet another episode of ich. Any suggestions? Will be stocking as slow as possible to avoid bioload problems, just need a heads up on which to stock first. Also is there any compatibility issues with the below mentioned fishes?

Tank size + Sump = 550L

Livestock in mind,

1. 2 x Splendid Leopard Wrasse

2. 1 x True Percular Clown Fish

3. 1 x Hippo Tang

4. 1 x Sohal Tang

5. 5 x Queen Anthias

6. 5 x Blue Chromis

7. 2 x Purple Firefish

Appreciate some advice from the more experienced reefers! Thanks!

i suggest you left out the queen anthias .. change to other anthias unless you prepare to flood your tank with food for them .

• Like 1

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

just to chip in the exp of keeping sohal, have it with many tangs and it only bullied (very little chasing few times per day only max) with the same size unicorn tang.. (both 5-6 inch)

it's very gentle for mine lol

• SRC Member

Hi Bro.

U would like to refer to this

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm

Try it, as it is interesting =)

Hopes it helps on ur compatibility issue.

---2Ft Cube by MarineLife---2008-2009

http://w w w.absolutereef . com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12369

Skimmer: Deltec APF600 feeder by Eheim 1250

Lighting: Solite 150MH 14k

Supplement: Giesemann T5 Razor, Actinic Plus ~22k

Top-up: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

Return: Eheim 1260

Reactor: Skimz FR Rowaphos

---------------------------------------------------------

---1.5Ft Cube by Iwarna---2010- ???

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95312-nano-15-cube/

Tank: 1.5Ft Cube,Sump with Chengai Wood Cabinate

skimmer: Reef Oct Nw110

Return: Eheim 1250

Chiller: Hailea HC150A with feeder Eheim Compact 1000

Reactor: Phosphan with Rowaphos

Lighting: MaxSpec G2 110w,DELighting T5 ATI*2,Giesemann T5 Razor ATI*2

WaveMaker: MP10 VorTech

Top Up : ATO with Tank

-------------------------Your Advice is my Success

i suggest you left out the queen anthias .. change to other anthias unless you prepare to flood your tank with food for them .

Hi bro, thanks for the tip. Any idea which anthias will be easier to handle and take care of? Bartlet anthias?

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

Hi bro, thanks for the tip. Any idea which anthias will be easier to handle and take care of? Bartlet anthias?

you can make ur choice refering to this websites

http://www.saltcorner.com/AquariumLibrary/browsegroupspecies.php?GroupID=8

maybe Lyretail Anthias or Bartlett's Anthias

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Dispar also quite easy but key would be to buy healthy specimen as most do not ship well...similar to chromis. Hardy once settled though. Am not sure whether your tank size is suitable for a mature Sohal. You might want to research more.

300G Main Display - 7 x 3 x 3, 60G Sump

4 x Tunze 6105 + 7095 controller, 2 x Eden 5000 l/hr main return

1HP Reefcool Compressor

4 x Reeflux 250W 12K MH with dimmable ballast + ATI T5 blue actinic

Super Reef Octopus 5000 skimmer, Skimz PO4 Reactor, 36W UV sterilizer

Bubble Magus 7 Channel Dosing Pump

• SRC Member

Bartlett anthias are the easiest to keep however they are quite aggressive =( you can also try lyretail/dispar/carberri/resplendent anthias which are quite easy to keep too ^^