Tofubox's 90 x 60 x 60

tofubox

• SRC Member

besides if since there are other fish around, monkey see monkey do..

that's the method I use when I notice a new fish doesn't eat pellets. :)

haha agree agree .... they would do what the romans do :D

25 Gal Micro Ocean

Hi Guys! Just to share with all of you on some updates for my tank. Added an overhang in the middle. Its very stable and looks pretty neat. Hope i didnt destroy the whole "open concept" of my tank yet? Comments most welcome! If you look carefully, my monti frag is actually browning, due to the previous scaping, where i put the frag too low from the lightings, and totally forgot about it. Trying to salvage it back now.

post-18626-0-93715000-1300628067_thumb.j

Heres a picture of my quaranteen tank, set up for about 1 Week + now. Got the Cabinet from ikea for $110, fits the tank perfectly. Had my bateria cultured in my DT first. Finally got my tang to start feeding on pellets with a turkey buster, but he's still very shy, hiding in the corner where i have my wavemaker. Ich problem seem to have vanished. No spots for about 1 week. Hoping it stays that way.

post-18626-0-15540900-1300628141_thumb.j

Took a picture of my DT's Sump for some feedback. Is the DSB too low? Should i be adding another bag of caribsea black sand?

post-18626-0-02104200-1300628235_thumb.j

And finally some pictures of my mangroves. They are growing really well. Thanks thairun for the mangroves! I picked up some mangroves too when i was in malaysia. :thumbsup:

post-18626-0-67147200-1300628306_thumb.j

Feel free to comment!:groupwavereversed:

I Love Stagsss

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i have always thought and learnt on rc is that a dsb should be a minimum of 6".

care to post your equipment list for your display? :)

haha, yeah, ive read a couple of websites saying a dsb should be >6". I guess i'll have to increase the height, if not its probably useless the way it is now.

I Love Stagsss

Equipment listing:

3 ft x 2 ft x 2ft Tank and Hood - 12mm glass, Front panel crystal glass, IOS

Skimmer - REEF OCTOPUS OCTX 160

Lightings - 2 x MH 250 watt, 4 x blue T5 54Watt per tube (high output), Blue LED, Electronic ballast

Calcium Reactor - Deltec PF501, with American Pinpoint PH Controller

Phosphate Reactor - Deltec FR 509 with Rowaphos and Rowacarbon

Wavemaker - 1 x MP40w

Return pump - Ehiem 1262

Uv Steriliser - Coralife turbo twist 6X

Chiller- Hailea 300a 1/4HP

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

even at 6" its not an instant event. it would probably take many months for the de-nitrifying process to match your tank's. have you considered growing macro algae instead? since you already have a light source in your sump.

THanks for the info guys. I do have cheato growing, its in the basket. in the middle sump. Looks like i wont be needing a DSB since the size of it wont be efficient. Sticking to mangroves and cheato then. Middle sump probably put live rocks in that case. Or any better suggestions? Already maximised the sump area to fit the "DSB portion" when i was designing the sump.

I Love Stagsss