algae on glass

i bought a glass scraper which comes with the handle. come with extra attachement and also a thin plate for scrapping algae on front glass, it works ..

511603.jpg

Can say where u bought this? How much? Look good. Thx

• Like 1

5x1x0.5ft wall tank;Tunze9002;Tunze pump mini;Hydor Koralia Nano;dymax vortex w8;Gex aqua turbo fan (M); 4ft T5-28W; IKEA LED Dioder Strip; 45inch single DIY White LED strip(SMD5050 300led/5m reel waterproof type)

• SRC Member

Most of the LFS sell.

I bought something like that too.

My tank is 2.5h and got no problem going all the way down to reach those aglae...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

hi all seniors can anyone suggest hw to scrab off hard green algae on glass

i tot the blade tat attach to magnet is gd but they dun sell anymore'

its too deep to b accessible by hand

Hi

I got 2 turbo snails (1 dollar each) to do the cleaning work. They are really good workers... now all the hair algae are gone.

• SRC Member

Hi

I got 2 turbo snails (1 dollar each) to do the cleaning work. They are really good workers... now all the hair algae are gone.

still... They'll leave marks on the glass...

Scraper still required!

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

i bought a glass scraper which comes with the handle. come with extra attachement and also a thin plate for scrapping algae on front glass, it works ..

511603.jpg

I bought a similar one with extra long handle as my tank is 2.5ft high. About $12 at Yishun 618 fish shop. Ah beng (pasir ris farm) also has it. Very common item in fish shops.

And I guess the short one may work better as you can apply good pressure to level the metal scraper against the glass to clear the algae. My long one, I had a tough time as it is not easy to apply good pressure with the long rod. The algae is quite stubborn sticking well on the glass.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use a common kitchen cleaning sponge with the rough side. It's tank only, so no kitchen soap, etc, of course. Good idea? Bad idea? I get afraid that it will leave micro scratches, but I suppose whatever we use could do the same, no?

** Coming Soon ** 4x2x2 from Oceansing

1) Red Sea Max 130D

Stunner LED strip 24v 453nm Actinic Blue

2) 130liter nano from Pasir Ris... generic, but fun!

3) 300mm cube tank
Ecoxotic Par 38 tri-colour, PAR38 Aquarium LED 6-453nm Blue 4-6500k 2-Red
Eheim-Compact 600 Return Pump

Bro, use those white colour magic sponge which give no stretches. Agree with bro Rekian, unwanted credit cards good for scraping stubborn algae.

• SRC Member

those white sponges are called melamine foam, $2 bucks from daiso can probably use around 4 - 5 times or more. they effective foam in removing even stubborn algae.

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :