ID sand shifting snail pls.

kira76

Hi guys and gals,

Need your help to ID these snails. Was told that they were sand shifting snails but I'm afraid that they might be cone snails. Seen them barrowing down into the sand. But when I set trap with market prawn to catch some crabs last night, these snails came into the trap. Had a few missing fishes since I intro them into the tank and was wondering if these are the culprit. If they are indeed cone snails, then it's very likely....

post-19182-0-40010500-1305637290_thumb.j

post-19182-0-62465500-1305637317_thumb.j

post-19182-0-72745200-1305637343_thumb.j

• SRC Member

I thought they were Narsarrious snails.. but their shells don't seem very narsi like to me... ;P

they don't look the fish eating type but perhaps other reefers with more knowledge should know.

Usually when I buy sand shifting snails, ask for Narsi Snails. :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

I have some Narsarrious snails and you are right, their shells are different. These are more elongated as compare to the Narsarrious snails which is not smooth elongated. Their shell shapes are like cone snail and have a texture like cowrie... So I'm also not sure what type of snails are they. Had tried looking for it online but couldn't find it.

• 2 months later...