Setup of wall mounted aquarium

• SRC Member

http://www.atlantis-lifestyle.com/about.html

This company does wall mounted tanks but before you dive into it, do read up more and consider the pros and cons :thumbsup:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member

Since you asked, I'd like to point you to below article which one will not be too far off calling it "The mother of all wall mounted aquarium". :D

65 million year old credential :rolleyes:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/page/index.html/_/reefing-news/most-expensive-aquarium-in-the-world-r35

Since you asked, I'd like to point you to below article which one will not be too far off calling it "The mother of all wall mounted aquarium". :D

65 million year old credential :rolleyes:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/page/index.html/_/reefing-news/most-expensive-aquarium-in-the-world-r35

wow...impressive but out of my budget. They are not a local company. So how can i place order even if i am interested?

thks. saw the display at tampines mall. i have read the reviews here on the company so not too keen to try it.

anybody heard of aquatic style?

Had a 5ft wall tank from aquatic style for a year, been challenging and grieve. Have spend so much time and $ doing trial and error on different nano equipment to improve the system due to constraint in getting nano equipment that fit and are reliable so that can improve the survivability of fishes and coral.

Initially, only kept a FOWLR for some 9 mths and in the last 3 mths decide to venture into hardy corals like zoas, mushroom and a mth ago got a super sun...

Have done many modifications to initial setup, always trial and error. Finally now, have got a Tunze 9002 skimmer, 2 cooling fan, a dazs pump with wave maker. No space for any form of chiller. Explore possibility of installing ice probe but too narrow to fit...

Cannot close the cover of wall tank, just leave the top open, still using original T5 28w lighting.

Am waiting to change T5 to LED light which Aquatic style is bringing in ...

If I have to do it again or those who have not started, I would not advise, would rather go for a Cube nano tank instead..., wall tank look good but really constraint options of type of fishes and corals to keep.

Did consider Atlantis before I decide to buy Aquatic style, but reason was because the Aquatic style look better than Atlantis..

Personally, Aquatic style wall tank is more suited for fresh water fishes or planted tank....

Posted previously:

5x1x0.5ft wall tank;Tunze9002;Tunze pump mini;Hydor Koralia Nano;dymax vortex w8;Gex aqua turbo fan (M); 4ft T5-28W; IKEA LED Dioder Strip; 45inch single DIY White LED strip(SMD5050 300led/5m reel waterproof type)

Surely this Reefer must be the most successful with the Atlantis wall tank, I have read all the postings and learned also from thread...

He has also changed and modified original setup with equipment he bought from overseas as well...., read his adventure below....

5x1x0.5ft wall tank;Tunze9002;Tunze pump mini;Hydor Koralia Nano;dymax vortex w8;Gex aqua turbo fan (M); 4ft T5-28W; IKEA LED Dioder Strip; 45inch single DIY White LED strip(SMD5050 300led/5m reel waterproof type)

• SRC Member

my personal opinion is that I dont think it's worth all the hassle if you know up front the problems people face with the tank.

It's too narrow and it really restricts you in allot of things you want to do.

For the price, get a conventional tank is much better for scaping, lifestock, cleaning and attaching equipment. Getting a wall mounted tank is more for fresh water rather than marine. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

With that kind of price tag, I suspect factoring in air freight cost is peanut. With such exclusive product, one cannot expect much business if limiting customers to within country border.

Had a 5ft wall tank from aquatic style for a year, been challenging and grieve. Have spend so much time and $ doing trial and error on different nano equipment to improve the system due to constraint in getting nano equipment that fit and are reliable so that can improve the survivability of fishes and coral.

Initially, only kept a FOWLR for some 9 mths and in the last 3 mths decide to venture into hardy corals like zoas, mushroom and a mth ago got a super sun...

Have done many modifications to initial setup, always trial and error. Finally now, have got a Tunze 9002 skimmer, 2 cooling fan, a dazs pump with wave maker. No space for any form of chiller. Explore possibility of installing ice probe but too narrow to fit...

Cannot close the cover of wall tank, just leave the top open, still using original T5 28w lighting.

Am waiting to change T5 to LED light which Aquatic style is bringing in ...

If I have to do it again or those who have not started, I would not advise, would rather go for a Cube nano tank instead..., wall tank look good but really constraint options of type of fishes and corals to keep.

Did consider Atlantis before I decide to buy Aquatic style, but reason was because the Aquatic style look better than Atlantis..

Personally, Aquatic style wall tank is more suited for fresh water fishes or planted tank....

Posted previously:

thks bro paul for the reply. I hv checked out with aquatic style and their service level leave much to be desired. i will skip this company. Will seriously consider your suggestion of cube nano tank. Came across http://delightings.com/index.cfm?GPID=31, looks good to me :)

maybe i

my personal opinion is that I dont think it's worth all the hassle if you know up front the problems people face with the tank.

It's too narrow and it really restricts you in allot of things you want to do.

For the price, get a conventional tank is much better for scaping, lifestock, cleaning and attaching equipment. Getting a wall mounted tank is more for fresh water rather than marine. :)

yes, i think so too. Thks for the reply.

With that kind of price tag, I suspect factoring in air freight cost is peanut. With such exclusive product, one cannot expect much business if limiting customers to within country border.

Sorry bro, don't really get what you mean. I am new to this hobby. :)

thks bro paul for the reply. I hv checked out with aquatic style and their service level leave much to be desired. i will skip this company. Will seriously consider your suggestion of cube nano tank. Came across http://delightings.com/index.cfm?GPID=31, looks good to me :)

maybe i

Bro, next weekend is Aquarama, go walk walk see see, maybe u can find something u like. Aquatic Style do provide maintenance package, but I did not engage their maintenance becos since this is my hobby, i should learn, then shiok. Ya, Aquatic Style wall tank is more suited for fresh water / planted tank. Good luck to your hunt!

Don try.... wall mounted tanks will never work for marine.. Atlantis tanks are all waste of time. look good but no substance.... u will regret... i know of so many ppl that have problems with the tank and eventually change to freshwater fish only tank...

Since you already said this, yes, I second that.

May be can keep triops in the wall tank... very nice...

684px-Triops_longicaudatus2.jpg

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED