4FT Marine Tank

Golf

• SRC Member
Yup.....follow your advise to remove the cyano layer on the fine sand surface.....

1. Bought Phosphate Remover from Fluval.

2. Add four stalks of Red Mangroves.

3. Reduce lighting duration from 12 hrs to 10.5hrs.

4. Reduce feeding quantity and frequency (from 3x to 2x).

:rolleyes: Will monitor and update later.

Kind regards, :bow:

Golf

Where did you get your Red Mangroves from ?

• SRC Member

Hi Bros !

1. :yeah: No new Diatom/ Cyano layer for last two days. Sand is white..he..he.. back under control. Guess one of those four action items must have helped. (Reduce lighting furation by 1.5hrs, reduce feed frequency and Red Mangroves to reduce nitrate/ Phospahte Remover)

2. ;) I paid ard $25 for that rock of Yuma Ricordea...Picture taken under normal white light.....looks even better under Actinic Blue. I wonder did I over-paid for it ? Cos it is NOT Florida Ricordea (I think it cost $25 per flower)

Cheers!!!

Golf

• SRC Member

:rolleyes: The sun coral is interesting...all the polyps will open-up "BIG-BIG" whenever I start feeding small amount of mixed pellets/ mysis shrimps/ nori.

P/S : No need to even tempt it....just drop a couple of pellets into the atnk ...can see it starting to open liao.

But I heard can tempt it by putting some brine shrimps near those unopen polyp.

Cheers!

• SRC Member

Background : Last week, my biggest mistake was to introduce a sea-cuke (b4 reading about it).....it Evisecrate out its Internal Organs (severely stressed) and shoot out many sticky "spider-lines" which were toxic. Most probable cause was the sea-cuke being bitten by Crabs inside my tank.

Moral of the story....READ before you buy, don't just listen to LFS advise.

Fortunately with some timely advises, Took leave and did an emergency rescue to remove all LRs, corals and LS, and a 50% change on sea-water. Plus adding some PSB Live Baterias.....Now all the Corals and LS are safe....PHEW!!!

The Cyano/ Diatoms also gone.....see Front View of 4ft Tank :-

post-34-1073907564.jpg

• SRC Member
Sun Coral openning-up after lowering it away from light source and under stronger current flow.....Thanks for the advises!

beautiful sun corals.. where you get them? ... B)

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
I got this interesting specimen (ard 6 richordea flower on one pcs of rock) from a LFS near Serangoon (NOT Reb**n). Cost me ard $25.

The Richordea u guyz bought so ex liao... i got it only $18 from R**Y Sq. I am lucky that found this shop and is very near my house.. i bought all my set-up thing from him...

Not posting for him, anyway he the sponsor here.. is that i happy with their service and price are very competitive for all products..

• SRC Member

Bro !

Can tell me the exact address of your recommended ROXY SQUARE LFS ?

You paid $18 for a rock of Yuma Richordea.....that is more reasonable that what I paid. Any pictures to show us on the quality ?

:o I knew that Yumas price range can be between $12 to $25 per rock....depending on colour and quality. Please correct me if I am wrong.

:lol: Sun Coral - I paid $10.....ALL its polyps open up at least 4 times a day. Twice during fish feeding time....the rest up to his mood lah.....

Have fun and cheers! :D