BioPellets

RushAct

• 2 months later...

Biopellets are effective as long you are running with a skimmer and most importantly the outlet of the biopellets reactor must place

near ( best directly pointed) to the skimmer mouth in order to skim out the excess bacteria / waste.

I have tried without skimmer and the filter bag get clogged every 2 days,

Been using it for a year and realize Reefing is getting much more easier than before.

• Like 1

Happy Reefing

• SRC Member

Biopellets are effective as long you are running with a skimmer and most importantly the outlet of the biopellets reactor must place

near ( best directly pointed) to the skimmer mouth in order to skim out the excess bacteria / waste.

I have tried without skimmer and the filter bag get clogged every 2 days,

Been using it for a year and realize Reefing is getting much more easier than before.

So if i use without a skimmer, it can still owrk but will cause more load on the filter bag correct?

So the outlet of the FR with Biopellet must go to the filter bag? Can it go back to the main tank?

You need to have a skimmer when using biopellet . Purpose of the skimmer is to skim out the wastes n excess bacteria created by the Biopellets . Without a skimmer algae diatoms even red slime will outbreak and i have experience this when my skimmer was off or faulty for a week.

Happy Reefing

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...