BioPellets

RushAct

After buying my BioPellets at Shop "A" Shop uncle told me that the media can be place in a sump with a high flow area, can be use w/o a FR. After a while i feel that its not working really well at all.

So i got my lazy butt to DIY this, instead of buying a new 1 having to spend the money and time.

please tell me if this will work, gum xia.

After buying my BioPellets at Shop "A" Shop uncle told me that the media can be place in a sump with a high flow area, can be use w/o a FR. After a while i feel that its not working really well at all.

So i got my lazy butt to DIY this, instead of buying a new 1 having to spend the money and time.

As long as the media tumbles and not get clogged..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

lol... you are really creative indeed

Tank Size: 42” x 18” x 12/18” (4 side and centre use Crystal Clear Glass)
Sump: 36” x 15” x 15/20”
Return Pump: Reef Octopus Diablo DC 10000
Skimmer:
Skimz SM 201
Wavemaker: 2 X VorTech MP10ES Propeller Pump
Chemical Filtration: 2 X H2 Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Reactor(Rowa & Chemi Pure Elite), Enductor Fluidized Reactor- FR30 (biopellets) with
Tesino GP-231 Amphibious Pump
Bio Media: Bacteria King - 10 Litres
Chiller: JBJ Arctica Titanium Aquarium Chiller (1/4 Hp - DBE-200)
Lighting: ATI Sunpower 6 x 39 Watt T5

(Blue+ Blue+ Purple+ Coral+ Actinic Blue+) (9hrs)

Auto TopUp system: JBJ ATO

• SRC Member

good idea.. thumbs up..

My 3ft tank

Dimension --> 3ftx1.5ftx2ft

Ehiem 1262 return

Ehiem 1260

Artica 1/5hp Chiller

Tunze 6055 + 7091 single controller

EcoTech Marine Vortech MP40W

Royal Exclusive Mini BubbleKing 160

Lumenarc 250watt 10K BLV

02x Giesemann T5 39watt (blue + Actinic)

Deltec 501 CR

so there is no such thing as too much flow ?

Hey, thanks guys! go DIY your FR today!

Cheers

You need flow to deliver bacteria to the biopellets or at least that I what I know... And the tumbling will knock off the old bacteria on the biopellets surface and allow new bacteria to attach on the "Clean" biopellet surface...

Member of:

Below is my colleague nick Gambitz setup.. similar as your design.. it works fine.. :thumbsup:

post-9248-0-33941300-1307545168_thumb.jp

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Below is my colleague nick Gambitz setup.. similar as your design.. it works fine.. :thumbsup:

post-9248-0-33941300-1307545168_thumb.jp

In fact, do not need so many media's for the reactor to works... Pls find video below the working units... :cheers:

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

The flow is too low liao.. It will generate Hydrogen sulphide overtime...

Above flow shld be just fine. Hydrogen sulphide(H2S) prefer dead water/super low flow.. therefore, dripping system like Sulphur reactor or DSB has more tendency on this if not proper maintaining in long run.. Cheers.

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Above flow shld be just fine. Hydrogen sulphide(H2S) prefer dead water/super low flow.. therefore, dripping system like Sulphur reactor or DSB has more tendency on this if not proper maintaining in long run.. Cheers.

Yup, I know but with the clumping of the biopellet, there are cases of Becos of his, the biopellet produce Hydrogen sulphide instead..

Member of:

Yup, I know but with the clumping of the biopellet, there are cases of Becos of his, the biopellet produce Hydrogen sulphide instead..

Ya, that's one of the reason do not add too many of them in yr reactor... also they r carbon base media... :cheers:

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 2 weeks later...

Its only been a few weeks since i started using biopellets, few weeks ago it was almost filled to the top but now its less than half the bottle!

any bros know why? my flow rate too fast? or my tank has high nitrates thats why its being eaten up very quickly?

Because its very xiong for me to replace it every few weeks =\

Thanks

post-18414-0-40046800-1308513764_thumb.j

• Like 1

Its only been a few weeks since i started using biopellets, few weeks ago it was almost filled to the top but now its less than half the bottle!

any bros know why? my flow rate too fast? or my tank has high nitrates thats why its being eaten up very quickly?

Thanks

Any escapee from yr reactor? Cheers....

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Supporter

Thanks

If it is melting , it mean that the Bio pallets is working lol . It depend on the bio load of your tank system, the higher it is the faster the bio pallet melts. Maybe you want to consider using a bigger reactor to contain more Bio pallets , so you need not top up so often.

• SRC Member

Quite subjective about adding more biopellets.I had bacteria bloom when the pellets are firstly introduced. Maybe the quantity has to be increased progressively?

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

A very useful article from one of the leading reefing magazine in UK . All thanks to Yellow tang ( Mike) for send me and sharing this info.

post-1182-0-94493400-1308821262_thumb.jp

I'm running GAC & Rowa in one TLF 150 and NPX bioplastics in another TLF 150 for more than 2 wks but haven't get any fantastic result yet :( !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe