Cedric

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Been using it for able a month. Skimmer is not what clam to be that good.

The Atman pump which is rated 3000L/s is infact only 1500L/s (china pump) somemore waste elect as it's a 60W pump.

1st time use it the atman pump not even working. Have Octopus Bay repair for me and seem working but let it run for 4-5 days I cant get bubble forming even adjust the water level near to the top.

In my angar have the pump change it to Ehiem 1260 pump a 65W but running on 2300L/s. DIY and make some changes to the skimmer and also the pump to improve the skimmer structure and also allow the pump to fix into the skimmer due to the type of joints they use.

Now skimmer is skimming and very dry bubble can be seen just within 12hrs of running the Ehiem pump. No only that the bubble r much smaller, so long you control the water level you will be only collecting dry bubble on the collection cup. where the collection cup will be fill with alot of dirty but hardly any water. I believe this is what a skimmer should achieve.

My next task is to improve the design by having the Ehiem pump stay out of water so as to reduce heat load.

And also moified the pump to become a neddle wheel and produce even finer bubble..

Conclusion... given the pricing for this skimmer I would have rather go for H&S skimmer if I have know that the perform is not as gd as what been told to believe in. Somemore this is just a DIY skimmer only.

For some of you ppls who are using this skimmer. You can play around and modifiy this skimmer to perform even better.

• Sponsor

:)Hi,

We been getting very good review for this products, this is the first time we get such a feedback :thanks: . As our products MARINE SOURCES TURBO SKIMMER are selling well in Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia & Malaysia

We appreciate your feeback. Call us if you need further assistance :)

Octopus Bay

• SRC Member

well for me.. I dont trust Atman pump as their rate r not what they clam to be...

Cedric if u got to see thc another needdle wheel thread... he dont need to glue the needle together one..

this one will work better and will not break apart as period pass.. the glue will get lose and you will see your needle flying apart..

• SRC Member
well for me.. I dont trust Atman pump as their rate r not what they clam to be...

Cedric if u got to see thc another needdle wheel thread... he dont need to glue the needle together one..

this one will work better and will not break apart as period pass.. the glue will get lose and you will see your needle flying apart..

Yup, I know what you mean. thc was the one who showed me how to diy the impeller. I'm just trying out another design. :) In any case, I still have a backup impeller. ;)

Comments are welcome!

• SRC Member
In my angar have the pump change it to Ehiem 1260 pump a 65W but running on 2300L/s. DIY and make some changes to the skimmer and also the pump to improve the skimmer structure and also allow the pump to fix into the skimmer due to the type of joints they use.

Alan,

Why you need to modify the join parts? I have also request the spare parts from Octopus Bay and they give me the parts for free. just in-case i need to change the pump.

My friend and myself have no problems with the Atman pump and skiimer still fine bubbles and dark dark kopi O.

Maybe is how you adjust the air and out-let of the skimmer???

SF