SCWD

Fireclown

• SRC Member

Seen it the other day. Looks very interesting and good.

I think it all depends on the flow rate you want in your tank. For example, if you want 2500l/hr, you should get higher pump (3500l/hr).

All these mechanism will definitely reduce the flow rate.

• SRC Member

hi jon, ur scwd got problem when u got it from me??? it was working properly when it was in my tank.. anyway, try to check if there are any debris, maybe sand /algea inside it... u may want to flush it out by switching ur pump off then on after a few seconds... let me know how i can help, i hope u wouldnt suspect i sold u a spoiled item as it was working perfectly fine for me all the while....

• SRC Member

Hey john... or is it jon (reefer guy).. Don't worry, you sold me a working unit. I tested it out when i got home that day with a hose. I just installed a few days back and realised that it's not switching very freqently like i expected, and now, it's like jammed there. I'm going to change my pump, hope it helps.

What i understand from websites is that, it's able to perform in flowrates as low as 50gal/hr but the switching process will be retarted significantly.

• SRC Member

well, i guess the only way to make it perform to ur requirements is get the right pump with consideration to flowrate, length of pipings and nos. of bends/angles (as these greatly affect the pressure) and time u want the current to switch... as i have noticed using different pumps, the lower flowrate will tend to have lesser water pressure obviously and at the same time tend to switch alternately longer... whereas, higher flowrate pumps tend to make the water currents switch faster, sometimes too fast that it doesnt really help much as well... when i installed it in my tank, i directed one on the surface, and the other on the lower part of the tank, using a cr-4900 (3500l/h) and it served me well.... but since i got my tunze, i find it impractical to keep it now since im creating better current than before... anyway, i would recommend this as a practical way to direct current in different parts of the aquarium...

• 5 weeks later...