Reef in Pattaya Thailand

dirk_brijs

hello all,

New member here from Thailand.

Am very active in reef forums around the world and feel very happy to be accepted here.

My current tank

SIZE : 78" x 23" x 20" (165Gallon)

LIGHTS : 5 Aqua Illumination LED SOL Blue moduls

RETURN : Atman7000 (1800GpH)

FLOW : 3 x Tunze 6055 control

1 x Tunze Recirculation pump 1073.050 control

controlled by Tunze 7096

MAIN FILTRATION : Reef Octopus OTP ORCA 180int

Algae turf scrubber

40 gallon refugium with Cheatomorphea, 5" deep send bed, life rock

CHILLER : 1Hp titanium coil

post-19632-0-50595500-1310484855_thumb.j

post-19632-0-47161800-1310484908_thumb.j

post-19632-0-29951500-1310484924_thumb.j

nice!....did u download the program for your AI to create artificial lightings?

these AI units can do wonders... :lol:

Yes on the new Generation 2 Sol Blue the lightning effects are standard.

I connected it to some MP3 files I created to have a full blast thunderstorm now.

Will post a little clip one day.

Welcome to SRC ! Care to share more about your Aqua Illumination LED ? Is your corals adapting well to the light ? How is the shimming effect of this light ?

So far no problems with the corals. I am currently at 70% and will let it be there I think.

As for the shimmer effect much more as with 150W Mh.

• SRC Member
  • SRC Supporter

So far no problems with the corals. I am currently at 70% and will let it be there I think.

As for the shimmer effect much more as with 150W Mh.

Thanks for sharing, too bad this light is not available locally yet . Is there a LFS in Pattaya ?

Can I ask how long you have kept the tube anemone for? And how deep is your sandbed? It seems like your like anemone a lot.. You have a lot of anemone?

And found your seahare during your visit to SG?

Too bad, I dun drive if not dun mind showing you around our LFS...

Edited by Terryz_

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Can I ask how long you have kept the tube anemone for? And how deep is your sandbed? It seems like your like anemone a lot.. You have a lot of anemone?

And found your seahare during your visit to SG?

Too bad, I dun drive if not dun mind showing you around our LFS...

I have the tube anemones for almost a year now. They have at least tripled in size since I have them.

I have in total 4 tubes, 2 Magnificas and 1 Carpet anemone and a few Majenos.

Yes I found the SeaHare with Henry. Bought some other things too with him some real nice porcelain anemone crabs.

Fun thing is the SeaHare (only thing I really needed) has died on me already. Think I acclimatized it wrong.

I have the tube anemones for almost a year now. They have at least tripled in size since I have them.

I have in total 4 tubes, 2 Magnificas and 1 Carpet anemone and a few Majenos.

Yes I found the SeaHare with Henry. Bought some other things too with him some real nice porcelain anemone crabs.

Fun thing is the SeaHare (only thing I really needed) has died on me already. Think I acclimatized it wrong.

The tubes are not fussy with the depth of the sandbed? I am thinking of getting a few too... Are they really that aggressive, had any fishes that got eaten by the tube?

The seahare are really sensitive... Need to slowly acclimatize... If not they will die... I normally take around 30 mins to acclimatize them...

Member of:

The tubes are not fussy with the depth of the sandbed? I am thinking of getting a few too... Are they really that aggressive, had any fishes that got eaten by the tube?

The seahare are really sensitive... Need to slowly acclimatize... If not they will die... I normally take around 30 mins to acclimatize them...

They havent eaten any of my fishes yet.

Though very aggressive towards other corals what ever they touch melts away straight. so be careful with placement.

The debt of your sand bed doesnt matter too much they seem to look for stones to crawl under.

Will keep that in mind for my ext Hare. Am looking for another one now. Hoping Henry can ship me one?

They havent eaten any of my fishes yet.

Though very aggressive towards other corals what ever they touch melts away straight. so be careful with placement.

The debt of your sand bed doesnt matter too much they seem to look for stones to crawl under.

Will keep that in mind for my ext Hare. Am looking for another one now. Hoping Henry can ship me one?

I will plan carefully with the placement and start with small ones first...

I dun think the freight will be worth it for the seahare???

Member of:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...