Skim Level

RAV-65

Hi all,

I just set up my skimmer weipro 2012 and the water level is already above the skim level, but after aboout half an hour, the cup still empty... is dat the norm? anyone can advise how long the skimming needs to take place before i can see some skimmate?

Vincent Ho :thanks:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

does the size of the tank and the size of the skimmer play an impoartnt part in this non-skim?

What if bro RAV-65 only has an 1.5x1x1ft tank without sump? There would not even be enough water in the tank to fill the skimmer :unsure: ! Am I right?

How do we gauge what sixe skimmers we should use for our tanks? I talked to some guy in LFS before and the common advice is: THE BIGGER THE BETTER!!! :D:D:D

Of course took it with one packet of Coraline salt!!! But now afraid too that my skimmer might be too small for my tank

Hi all,

i heard a fren dat it night take up to 2-3 days for the skimmer to break in... izit true? my skim level very high now, up to halfway through the funnel of the collection cup in my weipro 2012... only a bit of slightly brownish water... how come everybody seems to be getting kopi-o?? i have a 2 feet tank with abt 70L water.....

Any advice?

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi all,

i heard a fren dat it night take up to 2-3 days for the skimmer to break in... izit true? my skim level very high now, up to halfway through the funnel of the collection cup in my weipro 2012... only a bit of slightly brownish water... how come everybody seems to be getting kopi-o?? i have a 2 feet tank with abt 70L water.....

Any advice?

U mean the water level in the skimmer is so high? Bring down the water level or U might get an overflow later. IMO the breaking in of skimmer varies. ;)

Btw wat pump r u using?

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!