My 1.5ft Reef Log III

jackywongto

wa jacky one shot so many fishes ah...ur tank can handle the load bo

Sure can !

no sure if I have enough pods for the scooter though....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

we're both in the same boat...

choice of LS is partially influenced by the people around us..

for my case it is my gf..

i got a purple firefish cos its also one of her many favourites... haha..

:) agree totally Kiko. To my kids, its interesting for them to see many different types of fishes swimming.

I will probably end up stocking 10 - 14 fishes in this tank.

Why dont select one of the photo here to take part in the facebook photo contest :P

haha... k k. will try to submit before deadline.

forget it...i doubt i'll use them either...haha...

bring a bottle of your tank water this friday? I can bring my Hanna along too....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

same same ... but lucky for you ... i like to get firefish, but gf doesn't like :pinch:

Don't complain bro. She is the one that got you into this forum !!! :chair:

Be thankful :)

haha jacky always like that :eyebrow:

keke ... yeah man.... :P

how's yr tank quotations coming along...haha....still under RFP?

Got a few quotes already. Currently designing my sump.

Saw Comycus sump... seems like just what I need

I wanna have space to put two filter sock. go through 1 and then the filtered water go through a second round.

The 2nd filter sock will be as small micron as possible.

Want a fresh water compartment for ATO.

Then a small section for frags. If I cannot sell my AI, will use it in the sump for my frag corner.

gonna be a small tank so I will have to design it properly to accommodate all these requirement and my MCE 600.

• SRC Member

Got a few quotes already. Currently designing my sump.

Saw Comycus sump... seems like just what I need

I wanna have space to put two filter sock. go through 1 and then the filtered water go through a second round.

The 2nd filter sock will be as small micron as possible.

Want a fresh water compartment for ATO.

Then a small section for frags. If I cannot sell my AI, will use it in the sump for my frag corner.

gonna be a small tank so I will have to design it properly to accommodate all these requirement and my MCE 600.

check out the sump design at Madpetz.

might be the design you're looking for...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

Yeah Ketchup , he's pretty cute. But sadly they outgrow so fast......

Kiko, thanks for the heads up. Will head down to take a look.

Meanwhile, I have drafted a simple sump design.... appreciate any comments..... is this workable?

post-6893-0-24188600-1313481897_thumb.jp

Hey jun, luke,

thanks for all your great suggestions. I think u guys are right. Let me combine the 2 filter sock compartment and let it flow directly to the frag/ holding/ refugium area. Back to the drawing board.

• SRC Member

Why don't you go vertical and make an extension above the sump to hold your filter sock, while adding filter wool just below the sock in case it overflows? I think its best to suspend the filter sock instead of soaking it under water. Your sump should be very clean this way. :rolleyes:

Why don't you go vertical and make an extension above the sump to hold your filter sock, while adding filter wool just below the sock in case it overflows? I think its best to suspend the filter sock instead of soaking it under water. Your sump should be very clean this way. :rolleyes:

hi YJ

I am going to do an acrylic cover on top of the filter sock compartment. Not sure how everything would pan out if the sock is above the water level. would Water dripping down from the sock cause splashing even with sponge below? Will there also be higher risk of overspilling if the filter sock clog up?

Think I will just play it safe and keep the filter sock below sump height... if sump overflows.... will definitely get it from my CO....

Ok.. sump remake take III

Might be still a little ambitious here for my 2x2x1.8 tank cabinet.

Total dimension length and width = 22inch x 22 inch

If need to cut down by a couple of inches, will then do away with the ATO and narrow down the frag compartment.

thoughts? likely to work?

post-6893-0-50758100-1313508245_thumb.jp

Ok.. sump remake take III

Might be still a little ambitious here for my 2x2x1.8 tank cabinet.

Total dimension length and width = 22inch x 22 inch

If need to cut down by a couple of inches, will then do away with the ATO and narrow down the frag compartment.

thoughts? likely to work?

post-6893-0-50758100-1313508245_thumb.jp

Very ambitious i must say.Just some suggestion for your consideration...

- Did you consider the thickness of your sump tank glass? I got some mis-calcuation during my design. Had ignored the thickness of the combined compartment glasses...

- Did you consider the boundary that tank maker will sure to leave in the cabinet around your sump tank? The SQ area thickness of the pillar supports further reduced my sump tank size...!!!!

- How tall will be your ATO portion? my suggestion, increase the height of the ATO Glass. YOu dont need a long narrow ATO volume. Increase the height instead. This will give you more volume (For other functions.)

- Looking at your return pump area, your ATO will be pumping more water to increase the waterlevel height of your return pump. (As you have a wider surface area. consider abit more careful here)

My 10 minutes worth of advice for you. Hope that helps...:)

Very ambitious i must say.Just some suggestion for your consideration...

- Did you consider the thickness of your sump tank glass? I got some mis-calcuation during my design. Had ignored the thickness of the combined compartment glasses...

- Did you consider the boundary that tank maker will sure to leave in the cabinet around your sump tank? The SQ area thickness of the pillar supports further reduced my sump tank size...!!!!

- How tall will be your ATO portion? my suggestion, increase the height of the ATO Glass. YOu dont need a long narrow ATO volume. Increase the height instead. This will give you more volume (For other functions.)

- Looking at your return pump area, your ATO will be pumping more water to increase the waterlevel height of your return pump. (As you have a wider surface area. consider abit more careful here)

My 10 minutes worth of advice for you. Hope that helps...:)

Thanks bro !

glass thickness... good point there.thanks.

Yeah those were my concerns too. Cannot rmb if I need to leave 2 inch margin for the cabinet leg for each side or 2 inch in total for both sides.

My back up plan is to do away with the ATO to cater more space for margin and use dosing pump for ATO instead.

Thanks bro !

glass thickness... good point there.thanks.

Yeah those were my concerns too. Cannot rmb if I need to leave 2 inch margin for the cabinet leg for each side or 2 inch in total for both sides.

My back up plan is to do away with the ATO to cater more space for margin and use dosing pump for ATO instead.

Another point to add: Frag tank area. What lights are you intending to place on top of it? size? type? The key is, whether will there be sufficient length of support on both side for your light feature. 14 inch is more than 1 ft, less than 2ft. Hence you cant be using T5 feature already...

Another point to add: Frag tank area. What lights are you intending to place on top of it? size? type? The key is, whether will there be sufficient length of support on both side for your light feature. 14 inch is more than 1 ft, less than 2ft. Hence you cant be using T5 feature already...

My AquaIllumination most likely

5.5 inch by 12 inch. (lightset)

with brackets, I can let it stand over 14 inch easily. :groupwavereversed:

Bro,

I am looking at this thread everyday for things to learn.

Question, where do you get a 50 micron filter sock or even 100 micron? I would like to use that, then have my maid clean it everyday, hahaha, I believe at 50 micron (0.05mm I think), it gets jammed up quick.

Materialism :- He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Bro,

I am looking at this thread everyday for things to learn.

Question, where do you get a 50 micron filter sock or even 100 micron? I would like to use that, then have my maid clean it everyday, hahaha, I believe at 50 micron (0.05mm I think), it gets jammed up quick.

Hey hi Resser. Welcome

Please feel free to drop by anytime....

Some of the sponsors do carry 100 micron socks or you can order from many of the establised online store based in USA.

I am going to trial these options:

1) 50 / 100 micron combo. (100 in a 50 micron sock combination.)

2) 25 micron

keep to see how clear the water can be with option 2.

here are even 0.5 micron polyester socks available ! I think you can carry water around with those :P

TOday has been a tiring day...

Vistied GO and ML.

Bought some blastos, frogspawn etc

Came back and had to resintate my Artica 1/15hp chiller and Tunze mechnical cleaner pack (from Tunze reefpack 200)....

Just when I am about done, realize one of the Eheim joint connector is faulty and leaking.

Had to clear up the place $%@$^&#&#

drop the corals into the tank and did not even bother to take pics.....

will do so tml....

The other bad news is that the sump space (after consulting Henry) that I have is probably only 17 inch cube....

Sianzzzzzz, so smaill.....

Oh ya .. and 1 more input... my ORP is currently in the 550 range.

I think I need to calibrate it soon...

Usually not required for ORP momnitors but I prever to check what;s the true number....

• SRC Member

Vistied GO and ML.

Came back and had to resintate my Artica 1/15hp chiller and Tunze mechnical cleaner pack (from Tunze reefpack 200)....

Just when I am about done, realize one of the Eheim joint connector is faulty and leaking.

will do so tml....

The other bad news is that the sump space (after consulting Henry) that I have is probably only 17 inch cube....

design a L shape sump...where u can have 3 layers of mechanical filteration, then follow by refugium (which also can be use as frag station), then follow by return area. And yr MCE can hang behind the sump...shd have space for this

l7304smr.jpg

Vistied GO and ML.

will do so tml....

Whats the solution to your sump's problem?

Take away the ATO partition?