My 3gallons Pico Tank

spawns

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

My pico tank will consist of a 6"x5"x6" inches(all glass tank),hood,cabinet :P

--equipment used are PC lights(which im going to DIY myself to fit in the hood),external mini filter and a small blue led lights(to stimulate as a nightlight) and timers.

--1kg to 3kg of LR will be used and 1inch of fine sandbed.

--LS intended to keep;

Fish-nil(as in NO NO)

Invert-maybe 1 or two small snails, a shrimp(not decide yet as to what kind)

Corals-softies(as in yumas/rics/mushies)

--Maintance- 3 to 4days alternate of 15% water change(or should i say a Teacup full of new saltwater) by using corallife mix salt with DI water, and checking water parameters using testkits wkly.

--Feeding-minimal doseage of pyhto(a tiny drop 3 to 4days alternately).maybe i will be using frozen mysis to feed manually on the softies once a while)

:paiseh: Most important is that i will not be spending not more then $50 in all for the setup..(thats going to be my first challenge... :heh: )

So guys, any other comments?

• SRC Member

i need to tell u guys something about this small tank. i hv a Beta once occupied in there for nearly few mths n its belong to my 2nd daughter(4yrs old). the idea of going into this project started last week when we found her fish floating motionless n it took several hr to persuade her not to buy any replacement n i hv to buy her cornettos to let me hv the tank. he he ... :P

so tank cost me nothing.......(my wife bought that for her) :P:P:P

• SRC Member

n oh ya, all equipment used are MINIs and the good thing about it that they consume less electrics.

some specs about the light

--7200k all white(looks white to me :heh: ).

take note,this clip on light i will dismantle all parts to fit in the hood :D

post-69-1130255574.jpg

• SRC Member

item 4 --cost me nothing he he (pls guys dont label me "Karang Guni Man")

found a quite new condition cabinet which was thrown away by some RICH GUYS/FAMILY under my void deck. so i took some time whecking(with a hammer ofcouse lah) some parts that i needed for DIY myself tank cabinet n hood :D

post-69-1130256535.jpg

• SRC Member
however, other than lighting issues, temp also a problem. Tell us more about yr plan.

aaah... i got plans for this and when the time come, i will tell u. i came up an idea on this problem,did some experiments over the weekend n hopefullly it works :)

forgot to mention,that i will be getting more PC lights.hopefully an actinics....

:thanks:

• SRC Member

take note....this is not my final setup...it is just a crashtest for me to check the salinity/temp/evaporation level per day and to jump start the cycling early.

----------still need to build up the hood n tank cabinet :) ............

*sigh*boy,thats hard work :whistle

post-69-1130337863.jpg