Jacky's Mini Marine Isle

jackywongto

I mentioned I did a minor rescape earlier....

I basically stack the rocks higher on the right sideof the tank.

I had to do that because I glue some of the excess dry rocks I have and will place the on the left hand side to create more caves for the fishes.

post-6893-0-12659300-1323359768_thumb.jp

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

My blastos... like the elegance ... got nipped and nipped but still surviving.

Both looks like recovering.

I had to keep relocating them away from the usual route that Rock Beauty and Venustus roams.

After a while, they don't bother to nip anymore....

post-6893-0-39155600-1323360157_thumb.jp

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Still considering... no concrete plans atm.

Looking at your mini carpets, it reminds me that I need to shift mine to another rock. Any bright ideas on how to go about it? Use frozen distilled ice cubes? These guys can be really stubborn when they have their grip on the rocks...

Still considering... no concrete plans atm.

Looking at your mini carpets, it reminds me that I need to shift mine to another rock. Any bright ideas on how to go about it? Use frozen distilled ice cubes? These guys can be really stubborn when they have their grip on the rocks...

I am waiting for you to embark on your new project.. always interesting to see new tank setups.

As for carpet.... Take the rock that the carpet is on. invert it and suspend it above the water surface. The carpet should slowly drop down into the water.

I did that previously, but it took like forever and they still won't fall. I thought they would dry up and die before dropping off the rock.

oops... I have no other trick other then.

If you know of any, drop me a note.

will be good to know.

• SRC Member

just sharing my exp,

i tried the inverting and wait for it to drop method, it took so long that i was more worried of die off from my LR so i gave up, like what peacemaker said "it took like forever" :lol: one method that succeeded, but only on 1 piece was the foot irritation method. fingernail proding (not peeling), or ice cube seemed to work though it takes considerable time and effort, and this is also seeing that a good part of the nem's foot is exposed. if possible, inverting their location in the tank is helpful in coaxing them to climb up towards the light which at the same time hopefully gets the foot out of the gap and onto flatter rock.

for those wedged deep in a crevice, i found the only way to get them out without harming the nems was to break the rock itself. small pieces of rock are still okay but large valuable ones would be a waste to break. these minis are ridiculously stubborn when it comes to removal. for me it wasn't easy even to remove one on the glass.

just sharing my exp,

i tried the inverting and wait for it to drop method, it took so long that i was more worried of die off from my LR so i gave up, like what peacemaker said "it took like forever" :lol: one method that succeeded, but only on 1 piece was the foot irritation method. fingernail proding (not peeling), or ice cube seemed to work though it takes considerable time and effort, and this is also seeing that a good part of the nem's foot is exposed. if possible, inverting their location in the tank is helpful in coaxing them to climb up towards the light which at the same time hopefully gets the foot out of the gap and onto flatter rock.

for those wedged deep in a crevice, i found the only way to get them out without harming the nems was to break the rock itself. small pieces of rock are still okay but large valuable ones would be a waste to break. these minis are ridiculously stubborn when it comes to removal. for me it wasn't easy even to remove one on the glass.

Hi Bro Straydum

you and YJ are correct. I have another carpet and I tried dislodging it via various method..... my goodness to no avail.

ultimately I had to break the rock. That was the only way possible.

Thanks for sharing.

updates:

Kenya tree from bro Jer. Looks a bit thin and the greenish tint seems to be fading.

It has since double its size though.....

Jer, any advice?

post-6893-0-05507400-1323706157_thumb.jp

A zoas frag that dropped from the mother colony while rescaping.

The skirting looks yellowish when it is in a small frag....

post-6893-0-41306800-1323706591_thumb.jp

This is the colony

post-6893-0-97953900-1323706658_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Gonio garden! looking good Jacky! :) this current scape looks v. natural :goodjob:

Thanks Comy. As you have seen, scape changed again... slightly :P

wau lau...i want to get the kenya tree also...

pbt looking good :goodjob:

Frag for you next time. mine has grown quite a lot already

Is AWESOME!!! Have to clear my doubts before setting up my tanks.. Still a long long way to reach ur standard...

Hey Ben, your tank set up already. My tank is pretty amateurish. YOu will be there in no time.

corals update:

elegance ... suffered initial attacks from several angels. survived the ordeal. currently doing well.

post-6893-0-79596600-1325617635_thumb.jp

The gonio in full bloom. My clowns have expanded their territory and taken host on this gonio too.

property upgrade for them. :)

post-6893-0-16830200-1325617798_thumb.jp

Bought some worms and bunched them together. The effect looks good. Gonna get more and build a garden.

post-6893-0-17006700-1325618180_thumb.jp

current livestock:

Powder blue tang

neon goby

blue angel juv

flame angel x2

venustus angel

purple firefish

majestic angel

splendid leopard wrasse

true percs pair

starkii damsel

blood shrimp x2

cleaner shrimp

partial fts view

post-6893-0-36490300-1325618312_thumb.jp

• Like 1