Finally! New place...new tank!

Mellow

Decided to stop using the FR for the rowaphos as it is causing too much dirt coming out constantly Placed them in the stockings now only. Realised that most of the scum from my skimmer before that was just reddish dirt from the rowaphos

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member

Wow everything looks really good. Both house and tank. All you have to do now is wait for it to grow and not burning your pocket anymore =)

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

2x2x1.5

======

Maxspect Gyre

Maxspect Razer 120w 16k

H2O FR with Rowa

Eheim Universal 2400

BM Nac 5.5

JBJ Arctica 1/10Hp

• Senior Reefer

i'm a big fan of these peninsular style minimalist scaped tanks. very open and zen concept. with more coral growth and some plating SPS or turbinaria, and your tank will look even more spectacular!

good job with the slow stocking and choice of fish too.

i'm a big fan of these peninsular style minimalist scaped tanks. very open and zen concept. with more coral growth and some plating SPS or turbinaria, and your tank will look even more spectacular!

good job with the slow stocking and choice of fish too.

thanks bro. Likewise, I love open and zen concept tanks. Will be striving for that as end result. Gotta keep reminding myself not to put too many things on the sandbed especially. Still lots to pick up especially with changes in reefing technology since my 12g tank of many years and my 2 ft tank of even many years were still very primitive

Bought 3 more sps colonies from GO today. Trust me to say my tank is almost full earlier. Haha. Think too many blue lights and causing the colours to be really distorted on photos though

post-600-13734593004019_thumb.jpgpost-600-13734593431457_thumb.jpgand a fairly stressed piece at the top as I had asked the helper at GO to saw off the base plug for me for all 3 pieces for more natural looking. Placing it in super high flow area to clear the mucuspost-600-13734595819514_thumb.jpg

Bought 2 bags of magnesium chloride on Monday from Iwarna as well to beef up ratio. Didn't realise they have such chemicals...and fairly cheap too but I suppose concentration levels will be lower than seachem products??? Hmmm... Will do a test during weekend on parameters again to see if it helps bringing up my Mg.

nice!! .. how much your contactor charge you for the full height cabinet + tank?

• SRC Member

nice tank in a nice house ! i like your living room ! :thumbsup:

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

Starting to find a sweet spot for my dosing quantity. Current parameters as if today:

Sg: 1.023

Calcium: 410

dKH: 10.1

Mg: 1050

Still need to increase Mg further but so far quite happy with the measurements.

Also adjusted my photo period from previously:

4pm: 2 tubes on

5pm: remaining 6 tubes on

11pm: 6 tubes off

12am: last 2 tubes off

Currently using 1 ATI Actinic, 4 ATI blue plus and 3 ATI aqua blue special(that's the white one I believe)

The brown out acro I bought 2 weeks ago seems to have stabilised and think the signs of stn when I first bought it also seems to have slowed or stopped. Hope it colours up soon. Still boring brownpost-600-13737270962213_thumb.jpg