Roidan's 4ft tank

roidan

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowly give it time, it still stress maybe.

once it settle down, will explode to twice its size.

yours look more brownish leh..??

My one is more greenish, n it likes meat.. white one

at that. hehe.. tentacles also sticky, I used to play

abit with it, to comfort my plate to sleep at new environment. hiakhiak..

"sayang..sayang.. go sleep now, I off lights liao oki...?" :)

haha..you ah....BBB....big joker...

u better sayang your wife to sleep instead ah...wait she serve you dinner on a plate...coral...haha

yeah..there are plate corals like what you mentioned...green instead...but i have a liking for pinkish things especially pink....er tips....hahahah

ROTFL..... :upsidedown::whistle:upsidedown::lol:

anyway, there still have one or 2 of my this kind of plate and a few more of the green ones that bwilly has

tripod? faster shutter speed? increased f/stop number to compensate for faster shutter speed. then use flash but try to bounce it of instead of direct firing into the water itself. (=

wahh...i dunno how to use the manual stuff well leh...somemore use bounce flash ah...wah piang..me not running a photo studio leh :P

hehee...anyway....taking pic at an angle from the water surface and not directing on top of the water surface got auto focusing problems with my cam....dunno why..hehe some more the ripples are hampering the focus to get a good lock...

you don't need to work in a photo studio to have bounce flashes! (= just use a white piece of paper to reflect or diffuse the flash power so as to minimalise the flash splash on the water.

as for focusing. well. try to focus onto something else first that doesn't have so much colour contrast like the clam, and then re-position yourself onto the clam.

water turbulence. urh. really cannot help you there. you can try taking it through the glass, and if you're using a SLR camera, equip a polariser filter and et voila!

you don't need to work in a photo studio to have bounce flashes! (= just use a white piece of paper to reflect or diffuse the flash power so as to minimalise the flash splash on the water.

as for focusing. well. try to focus onto something else first that doesn't have so much colour contrast like the clam, and then re-position yourself onto the clam.

water turbulence. urh. really cannot help you there. you can try taking it through the glass, and if you're using a SLR camera, equip a polariser filter and et voila!

ohh...thats what bounce flash is....hehe...i tot is those special bounce flash guns on those professional SLR cameras...lol

the problem is that i try pre-focusing on something else and when i bring over to take...not sharp...coz the slight bouncing of the water up and down seems to throw all the focus off...hehe..maybe just have to stop the water flow before taking..

if take through the glass...then i can only capture the shell...hehe....coz my water height is only about 6 inches....you can imagine how the angle changes when i try to take from the glass side...hehe

bro deepblue taught me one method,

is to use a big plastic container, press it

against the water surface, so the ripples

effect will be removed, then u take a snap.

with years of eh hmm u know, I suppose the other

hand holding the cam should be pretty steady. :)

ah yes. the viewing glass method. much like how Henry views his corals in that fibreglass tank of his. (=

use a plastic thingy with a big base, and get someone or one hand to hold it down. with the other hand, press the shutter button and et voila! (=

by the way, those flash guns you were talking about? still need to have a piece of cardboard place ontop of it to diffuse or bounce the flash one. :P see what one humble piece of cardboard can do to an expensive flash system like Metz? hehz.

:bow: BBB :bow:

i think in that case....turning off the return pump and closing all the drain valves should provide a calm enough surface...hehe..thanks for all the tips guys...

anyway, *with years of eh hmm u know, I suppose the other

hand holding the cam should be pretty steady.*....hmm..then maybe i am equally proficient with both hands.....in holding the camera :P