Description of my humble tank

Size - 4 x 2 x 2.5 ft

Protein Skimmer - Reef Octopus OCTX 160

Return Pump - Germain Eheim pump 3400 litres/hr

Chiller - Hailea Chiller 300A

Wave Maker - Ecotech Marine MP40W

Lighting - Solarmax 4ft MH 2 x 150 watts & 2 x T5 lights

Date of Commission of Tank - 22 Dec 2010

Any idea how to remove them fast and safe?

for me I manually remove and keep some cleaning crew like urchin, also WC..

But I know fauna has one product call "Ultra Algea X", it claim able to handle bryopsis as well. I have not try yet... Pls find some review below:

http://glassbox-design.com/2008/fauna-marin-new-product-ultra-algae-x/

http://reefbuilders.com/2008/07/01/ultra-algae-x-by-fauna-marin-before-and-after-shots/

RD has this available, may be do more research before decide....

I think your case should be very mild, may be manually shld work...

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 1 year later...

Hi,

where can I purchase this "Ultra Algae X"? Thanks in advance!

I bought mine at Henry ML but I think Madpetz also selling.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Thought it looks quite nice, compared to those cyano...lol

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

• 2 months later...

If you can take out the rock with byropsis, squirt some peroxide of affected areas, wait about few minutes, rinse with your sea water and put back in your DT. Within a short while you will notice it will turn pink then white and it will dissolve completely. Good luck...

You can try Microbe-Lift Special Blend. I have good experience with this. All long hair algae and bryopsis gone in a weeks..

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

YES they take it ... i have tried 4x sailfin b4 and all of them take it and they do take valonia as well ... but sailfin not really reefsafe from my experience ...

May be just my experience... Sometime might be miss ID between byropsis or miniature caulerpa species? Cheers

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

May be just my experience... Sometime might be miss ID between byropsis or miniature caulerpa species? Cheers

yes confirm bryopsis they grow on single spot will not spread whole tank and esay to remove by hand just will grow back very soon ... i have keep sailfin (zebrasoma veliferum) many years back but tat time my tank full of algae include bryopsis never help ... last month just got 2x new sailfin (zebrasoma desjardinii) they clear all bryopsis 1st than continue on valonia ... i try to get another 2x few days ago and they doing the same job ... this sailfin from medan shipment ... i never see any tang fish consume on bryopsis and valonia b4 but only this zebrasoma desjardinii from medan ( naso and unicorn do the job too but just hit and miss depends on luck ) ...

yes confirm bryopsis they grow on single spot will not spread whole tank and esay to remove by hand just will grow back very soon ... i have keep sailfin (zebrasoma veliferum) many years back but tat time my tank full of algae include bryopsis never help ... last month just got 2x new sailfin (zebrasoma desjardinii) they clear all bryopsis 1st than continue on valonia ... i try to get another 2x few days ago and they doing the same job ... this sailfin from medan shipment ... i never see any tang fish consume on bryopsis and valonia b4 but only this zebrasoma desjardinii from medan ( naso and unicorn do the job too but just hit and miss depends on luck ) ...

Thanks for sharing.. 4 of them in your tank? Just monitor the progress of bryopsis in yr tank.. they r really unpleasant if growing too many.. For alternative herbivores for bryopsis u may consider urchin too.. Cheers..

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Thanks for sharing.. 4 of them in your tank? Just monitor the progress of bryopsis in yr tank.. they r really unpleasant if growing too many.. For alternative herbivores for bryopsis u may consider urchin too.. Cheers..

yes 4 of the sailfin in a tank and they clear bryopsis in just 1 day but 1 of them start nip on elegance coral consider not reefsafe ... me dun like to rely on invertebrate cos if they not move to tat area mean the problem will not settle forever so fish is still the best ... i have seen lopez and vlamingi do eat bryopsis but depends on their mood cos they will not eat till finish always have left over than growing back ...

As long as it works.. shld be find.. Just keep monitor the progress. Those consumable algae shld hv no chance to grow back with many herbivores exist.. If still seeing after months than may need review again..Cheers.

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

If you can take out the rock with byropsis, squirt some peroxide of affected areas, wait about few minutes, rinse with your sea water and put back in your DT. Within a short while you will notice it will turn pink then white and it will dissolve completely. Good luck...

hi where to get peroxide from? what i know is 6%, 9% n 12% that is used to color hair hhehe, i dont think can use for reef?!?!

hi where to get peroxide from? what i know is 6%, 9% n 12% that is used to color hair hhehe, i dont think can use for reef?!?!

3% solution only bro, you can easily bought it from guardian or ntuc pharmacy at less than red note for a big bottle.