chillers

bum

dependant on whether its refrigerant based or heat exchange based. I think.

either way, servicing still must be done, not only to top up refrigerant but to clear the pipes and all. AT does yearly acid baths...

If I did, I would look like The Incredible Melting Man! :) How many of you remember that movie?! :idea:

I used to run vinegar down my chiller pipes, if you can get stronger acid... even better! :eyebrow: Even with vinegar, you will be surprised at the stuff that comes out! :)

• SRC Member

If I did, I would look like The Incredible Melting Man! :) How many of you remember that movie?! :idea:

I used to run vinegar down my chiller pipes, if you can get stronger acid... even better! :eyebrow: Even with vinegar, you will be surprised at the stuff that comes out! :)

how did you do that? pump the vinegar in with a pump?

• SRC Member

:off:

Yah remembered that movie... Gave me a totally new perspective on "wasting your life away"...

:lol:

Yup.... just close loop a bucket of vinegar... run for half a day, a day if you can afford it.... you'll clean up the calcium deposits in your pump as well (if you have any).