White Nudi on SPS

Zac

• Moderators

Likely the montipora eating nudi. It target all kinds of monti including digitata as digi is part of montipora family.

The difficult part of wiping them out is they are generally active during night time after all lights are out.

The best way to eliminate them is to take out the affected monti. Fresh water dip is the most effective but it will likely kill the monti too.

I have not tried other medication like coral RX before. it may be worth a try.

Be mentally prepared to lost your colony or colonies as this nudi had devastating effect. Depending on how much nudi had infested the tank.

I used to have a huge colony of plating monti more than 8" across. The nudi basically "finished" it within 1 week+.

Maybe other expert here can give you more advise.

Good luck.

Tom

• SRC Member

Wah sounds like bad news..... Hai... I tried to remove as much as I could using siphon method. Now don't see any for the time being hope I do not have to loss my montis...

Thanks all for the advice..

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• Moderators

Ya. try google for Montipora eating nudi.

You probably find a tons of info shared on the site.

Do keep in mind once the nudi is in your main tank.

The best method is still to remove the colony as wrasse will help to a certain degree as this kind of nudi is generally active only in the night when the wrasse had gone to sleep.

The reproduction is amazing fast too.:(

Tom

• SRC Member

Oh dear ... Think I cannot add another fish to my nano already ..hmm guess my only way is to painstakingly remove once I see them ...

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

Oh dear ... Think I cannot add another fish to my nano already ..hmm guess my only way is to painstakingly remove once I see them ...

Remove the infested sps from ur nano tank

placed it into a small tank with a six line wrasse

for a few days..

After that no more nudi, sell away ur six line or

can give it to me LoL :evil:

• SRC TOTQ Winner

Also inspect for eggs. Better to remove the Monti and other Montis and digis to do a through inspection with a magnify glass. Use a brush to remove them before doing a dip. Like Thomas said, they re- produce very fast.

That's why i'm really cautious abt adding new corals without physically inspecting them first before doing a rx dip.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381