Recommend me a RO/DI unit

samuel88

Hi people, I've been looking at freshnmarine.com and madPetz.com for RO di units. I realise Kent marine units from freshnmarine cost much more than the ZEro units from mad pets though the specs on ZEro seem much better. (Kent marine 3 stage di cost 369 whereas ZEro 5 stage RO di costs 248) Can anyone shed some light on this? Or perhaps recommend me a different system from somewhere else

Why is distilled water better than RO/DI?

I bought 10 1.5L distilled water from Giant. But it's troublesome having to carry home all 10 bottles. Are there any supermart selling dispenser can of distilled water?

I have a theory why MadPetz is cheaper. Their RO/DI is in-house brand?

Tips and resources on maintaining a thriving marine reef aquarium.

I bought 10 1.5L distilled water from Giant. But it's troublesome having to carry home all 10 bottles. Are there any supermart selling dispenser can of distilled water?

perhaps it is a in-house brand. in that case i wonder if it is as reliable as kent marine. has anyone used the unit from madpetz?

Distilled water is only RO water and not really RO/DI water s. Kent marine is a USA brand whereas ZeoX is a local brand so i guess it answer your question ?

if its a local brand do you think its just as good as kent marine's?

if its just because of the location and not the quality i guess ZeRO would be a better choice.

• SRC Member

One of the bro here, garyjg used to have new RO/DI for sale..

Not sure if he still have stocks.

You might want to do a search or check with him..

IMO i feel all the RO/DI unit is almost about the same since they uses the same types of canister and filter , but i would rather buy from somewhere with a after sales support.