Orphek's Pr-156 Power Reef LED Pendant

kt611

Anyone ever use this Orphek's Pr-156 Power Reef LED Pendant. Any feedback? Thought of buying! Anyone got other recommend? Like to change 150mh to led!

I think desideria just bought it. Perhap you can PM her for more info :P !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

So far, i think it;s been good.. relatively low heat, hardly feel it. Brightness wise, it;s bright enough, coverage wise, ours is 3X2x 20 inches height and almost full coverage using one since this is the 156w model. The blue lights are also more natural. One other good thing is the blue and white light overlaps so you don't see some blue, some white area in your tank, unlike say Par 38 or some other LED... so far quite happy about it.

Bad thing, well, there's no gradual light, so it's on/off white, blue or both.

So far, i think it;s been good.. relatively low heat, hardly feel it. Brightness wise, it;s bright enough, coverage wise, ours is 3X2x 20 inches height and almost full coverage using one since this is the 156w model. The blue lights are also more natural. One other good thing is the blue and white light overlaps so you don't see some blue, some white area in your tank, unlike say Par 38 or some other LED... so far quite happy about it.

Bad thing, well, there's no gradual light, so it's on/off white, blue or both.

No built in timer, programmable features?

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

James, have built in timers... 16 different sets of timings that you can use to set your lighting to go on and off

1. Same everyday

2. different everyday

3. Same for weekends

4.Same for weekdays

etc etc..

I can't remember all 16 different variations. LOL I couldnt be bothered to set all different so I just used option 1. LOL though perhaps I may change it if I feel like it.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

James, have built in timers... 16 different sets of timings that you can use to set your lighting to go on and off

1. Same everyday

2. different everyday

3. Same for weekends

4.Same for weekdays

etc etc..

I can't remember all 16 different variations. LOL I couldnt be bothered to set all different so I just used option 1. LOL though perhaps I may change it if I feel like it.

Beside timer, any other features such as Dawn/Dusk, Weather, Cloud effect...etc :unsure: ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Beside timer, any other features such as Dawn/Dusk, Weather, Cloud effect...etc :unsure: ?

Well, thanks for the infor. Changed my mind and I get 2 x150w led pedant from china. The orphek is so expensive and Henry said for my 5 feet tank I need two set.

What I have now is the 75 x 2w led (20000k). Price about $300 per set plus shipping. The light is brighter than my 150w mh light twice. I am very happy with the light. Anyone interested I can recommend! Thanks

Well, thanks for the infor. Changed my mind and I get 2 x150w led pedant from china. The orphek is so expensive and Henry said for my 5 feet tank I need two set.

What I have now is the 75 x 2w led (20000k). Price about $300 per set plus shipping. The light is brighter than my 150w mh light twice. I am very happy with the light. Anyone interested I can recommend! Thanks

What brand of LEDs are they using? Any spec?

• SRC Member

can please give us the detail?

• SRC Member

can please give us the detail?

[/quote

The led 75nos 2w 1:1 white and blue. Pendant size is 410 X 210 X 60 mm. 3 cooling fan. They have 130w,150w and 300w (14000k or 20000k).They did ask me to bring in but not so keen Anyway who ever interested, I can order for you and also can view at my hse. I stay at west side.

Once I turn on the light with mh, I can tell you that it twice brighter. Mh light removed!

I did ask a few shop and the price is all 1000+ per set.I spend mine only $600. Will try to upload pic and video tomorow.

The led 75nos 2w 1:1 white and blue. Pendant size is 410 X 210 X 60 mm. 3 cooling fan. They have 130w,150w and 300w (14000k or 20000k).They did ask me to bring in but not so keen Anyway who ever interested, I can order for you and also can view at my hse. I stay at west side.

Once I turn on the light with mh, I can tell you that it twice brighter. Mh light removed!

I did ask a few shop and the price is all 1000+ per set.I spend mine only $600. Will try to upload pic and video tomorow.

Hi bro,

If i'm not wrong, this China made LED lighting don't come with built in timer, dimmer, day & night feature so if you add in the features...the price will come up somewhere near to 1K or more :fear: .

Btw, the most important for LED use for corals are the Par and spectrum not much on brightness. The brighter LED doesn't not equal to high Par that why I'm asking for the spec of the LED lighting includes the LED bulb used :P .With that, it will beneficial to all reefers who wanted to jump into LED lighting :P .

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

If i'm not wrong, this China made LED lighting don't come with built in timer, dimmer, day & night feature so if you add in the features...the price will come up somewhere near to 1K or more :fear: .

Btw, the most important for LED use for corals are the Par and spectrum not much on brightness. The brighter LED doesn't not equal to high Par that why I'm asking for the spec of the LED lighting includes the LED bulb used :P .With that, it will beneficial to all reefers who wanted to jump into LED lighting :P .

Led definitely not Cree brand. I've walked n basically asked all the shops at SLS for data spec. Only few can give u the wavelength spec.

others simply bo chap. U can only state Wat color u looking for. If u ask them is it 450nm they can't answer u. China led makers or sellers either not so particular on branding their products or maybe lack the

Marketing knowledge.

Frankly speaking, so long the led lights can support coral growth, specs dun really matter. Tats if on budget.

If got the moola, buy gd led from makers with proven record.

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts

Exhaust fans:16watts

Refugium light:27watts

Led definitely not Cree brand. I've walked n basically asked all the shops at SLS for data spec. Only few can give u the wavelength spec.

others simply bo chap. U can only state Wat color u looking for. If u ask them is it 450nm they can't answer u. China led makers or sellers either not so particular on branding their products or maybe lack the

Marketing knowledge.

Frankly speaking, so long the led lights can support coral growth, specs dun really matter. Tats if on budget.

If got the moola, buy gd led from makers with proven record.

I know what you mean but if there is no spec or user reviews, you will not know whether the LED light can or cannot support the coral growth meh :fear: !

IMO, if the price is 10~15% (SGD100~200) compare to branded LED lights set then no harm to try lor..lol :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Cannot give spec because no QC mah.

Even have spec also be careful what you are paying for.

There are many imitation on market from what I learn

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

I know what you mean but if there is no spec or user reviews, you will not know whether the LED light can or cannot support the coral growth meh :fear: !

IMO, if the price is 10~15% (SGD100~200) compare to branded LED lights set then no harm to try lor..lol :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Actually there is spec for the led, only is PDF format and is in my email. I don't know how to insert into sg reef. Lumen is 5500. And also stated the wave length. For the controller or timer, And for the controller just buy two plug timer which cost $10 each. Did you really use all the function of orphek? Made it simple the best! The most importance is cheap, total spent 560+ Thanks for all the comments

• SRC Member

I think dawn n dusk effect is important n cool. Passing cloud, thunderstorm etc not so crucial. Once u see the dawn effect u luv it. But I've never seen a passing cloud effect so who knows I will like it once I see it.

I feel having pple r trying to have products tat mimic the real world, so tat a reef tank habitats will experience the same effects as the natural environment.

My DIY 10w led is 4 white n 4 blue, Just attached to 1 heatsink each n attached to a aluminum bar. I don't measure the par. Everything looks OK.

my leds all prc made. I spend abt 450$ n that's abt 2 yrs bck. I dun know if I use Cree led the growth will be better.

Someone posted abt rapid led frm USA n I'm contemplating to do another DIY. But it seems like total cost would be high, need to do acrylic housing too. Also u dun know should the central leds without reflector n only perimeter led rows use reflector. All these trial err add to building cost.

The cost might be just a little less than those readymade. So using China leds seems to be more justiflying to DIY.

But then again on readymade products.....

I've seen pple posting pics of maxspect on reefcentral. Seems like with led reflector, the light is more focus..more like spot lit.

I Google on eco raDion n a person frm a blog said the product light spectrum already fail, failed product. Splash very cold water.

Tank size:36"x36"x24"

Return pump" 2x Reef Octo 5000

Skimmer:BK Double Cone 200 on Reef Octopus DC 5500s.

Wavemaker:2xVortech MP40wES

Chemical filtration:1xeducator FR(biopellets)

Chiller:1hp Daikin compressor.

Lighting:2 x Kessil A360we

Auto topup system: JBJ ATO + new jet 1200

Dosing system: Kamoer 3 channel.

Additives: ESV 2 part.

Power consumption

2XReef Octo 5000: 120watts

BK skimmer:50watts

2xVortech wavemaker:70watts

Daikin compressor:775watts

Lighting:180watts

Ato system:21watts