Nemo fish

Trillen

Hi All,

I just start a new tank, 4 weeks today. First 2 fish die because of fighting, 1 week before I putted 2 clown fish and 1 shrimp.

They all very nervous for first few day. After 3 days.. I found out there was a pink colour worn with a lot of leg come out from the live rock. Immediately I remove the rock from my tank.

After that I saw there was few ( approx 6 ) small bug on the live rock, collecting those fish food.. Any one can help me? Do they harmless ? How should I remove them ?

Also, please to check what a clown fish really eat? I feed those fish food. They don't even look at it..

• SRC Member

Any pic on the small bug?

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

my crowns eats everything, mysis n pellets.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

Hi, please post more details about your tank, type of water used.

Also, if possible give us more details about the size of your fish so that the regulars here can make a more accurate diagnosis.

There are many species of clownfish and many species of shrimps.. So either a photo or a short description of how your inhabitants look will also help..

I want to help, but I don't want to speculate and give your advice without knowing too much about your tank..

Cheers,

• Like 1

4 x 2 x 1 low tank

DIY LED

Trying to minimise equipment as much as possible.

Would love to make new friends in the reefing community - PM me!

A short video of my tank on a Sunday morning

• SRC Member

Bro.. what are your parameters? did you do a proper cycling of your tank?

you have posted something similar before but it seems like you are not reading up enough..

/www.sgreefclub.com/forum/topic/102086-nervous-clown-fish/page__p__1018750__hl__%2Brun+%2Bhere+%2Brun+%2Bthere__fromsearch__1#entry1018750

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

Please post some photo of the rock with bugs

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Hmmmm clowns are just not as stable and hardy as most thought.... Hmmm next time, try to ask them to feed to see feeding response before buying...:) they just die suddenly for no reason at times...;) so at least if u know they are feeding at the shop and not at ur tank even after a few days, u know that its ur tank parameters/problems...:) do share ur parameters, size of tank and such for a better diagnosis like what most said...:)

Fresh fishes and inverts! What's next? To the salty side of marine of course!:)

"Never to part, lest jealous heaven stole our hearts"