My New 6ft Tank

danzer

• SRC Member

Bro, you might want to waterproof those electrical switches, they are so near your overflow and sump, its like inviting murphy. You might also want to build some sort of cover around your filter sock and overflow compartments to prevent splashes.

Nice build you have going on here! With the luxury of a new house and not moved in yet, you can afford to do the tank setup slowly part by part and troubleshoot if there is anything wrong :)

Care to share your sump design? I see a v. nice big area set aside for refugium :yahoo:

• SRC Member

I always admire having an empty canvas to design the tank and wiring etc before moving in. So cool.

Yes at this stage, having not move in you can take your time and do it up part by part... so this saturday is just the rest of the woodwork coming in? How about the piping etc? So what's the timetable for this tank? or is it dependent on your home reno as well? :)

I echo the sentiment of getting some sort of cover for your switches also for the ones above your overflow.. it's too close for comfort. :)

this is gonna be the show piece of your house! :superman:

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Thanks for all advise.. there will be a protective cover for my electrical plugs.. Works in progress. :)

My Tank Specs

Cabinet: 6ft x 2ft x full height to ceiling

Tank: 5.5ft x 2ft x 2ft

Sump: 4ft (design by Vincent)

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Chiller - Dakin 1.5HP

Lighting - Lumenaqua Ultra Bright LED

• SRC Member

Btw DAnzer, why not use the newer Deltec TC models..rather than the AP? The AP being an older model than the newer TCs.

full cabinet nice.. the white will match the rest of your white themed house. I see your kitchen cabinets also white!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

I used to use the same skimmer as you, the skimmer is just nice if you are not overstocking your tank .. But you may need a bigger skimmer if u decided to upgrade later

• Moderators

Yup.. I agreed with Larry the AP851 is a good skimmer as it had a long solid body which allow the air to react with the water longer.

I used it for my 5ft SPS last time.

You may supplement it with bio pellet to control nutrient if u think you will "overload" the tank going forward.

This is what i did previously and it does help.

All the best :)

Tom