Where is Reborn??

• SRC Member

what kinds of stocks???? worth my visit? yesterday just went to kwang's at joo chiat. The uncle sold me cheap cheap corals, one big piece only $5 , $6. Go and see loh... he dun weight the rocks like rainbow or so... more worth it. He also sell a eel looking kind of creature, dunno what is it...

• SRC Member

Might be corals that have been artificially dyed. The dyes interfere with the coral's ability to photosynthesize and can be deadly. The dyes will also leach out of the coral into the water staining the rocks and other corals.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Some coral are naturally green. LPS are less likely to be dyed, more often it is soft corals and anemones. The colour is unnatural, like magenta or neon blue kenya tree coral or bright yellow anemone(very very common). The dead giveaway is the colour of the tank water.

I don't know how they dye it but I recall Eric Bourneman mentioned that it is common food colouring.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
i am new mah.. so dunno what also.. so where is reborn??????????? nobody here knows meh?

is it a old or new aquarium shop? got stock up fishes corals regularly???

wah biang...u dunno how to look at spade's map meh?

he took the trouble to attached the map...and yet you were asking where is reborn ;)

• SRC Member

Buy fish from them when fresh! I mean the moment the stock come in and not after a few days cos likelyhood that the fishes will not be healthy

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

Hi guys,

I went to reform last friday and saw that they had a huge supply of LR. However, unlike other LFS whose LR are usually purple in colour, their LR are covered with alot of green plant-like stuff. Are those plant-like stuff algae? If they are, it means that the LR sold there are not very good is it? :huh:

• SRC Member

Definitely not the usual LR. It's of a very low grade, usually referred to as plant rocks. The green stuff is macroalgae.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Macroalgae can be used for nutrient export, feeding to fish, making agar-agar, eating with sashimi, decoration (Dutch style tanks) or a form of nuisance. Depends on what species of macroalgae.

post-36-1093875548.jpg