firefish (firegoby)

KaEN

2 days ago, 1 of my firefish jumps out of my tank, my sis said she saw my skunk clown chased it and cos it to suicide...

i pick it up and put it back into the tank but yesterday, it juz gone before my eyes :cry::cry: ....

today morning, i manage to transfer the skunk clown to another tank to prevent the same incident to occur to my the other firefish...

but juz now as i came back from work, my sis told mi tat she saw the firefish was on the ground sometime ago....

omg, can anyone tell mi wat actually happen or advise mi? :bow: ...

now that firefish is back in my tank, staying at the spot whr the previous firefish died...it looks very sloopy......i'm afraid it might juz died like the previous one...

• SRC Member
2 days ago, 1 of my firefish jumps out of my tank, my sis said she saw my skunk clown chased it and cos it to suicide...

i pick it up and put it back into the tank but yesterday, it juz gone before my eyes :cry::cry: ....

today morning, i manage to transfer the skunk clown to another tank to prevent the same incident to occur to my the other firefish...

but juz now as i came back from work, my sis told mi tat she saw the firefish was on the ground sometime ago....

omg, can anyone tell mi wat actually happen or advise mi? :bow: ...

now that firefish is back in my tank, staying at the spot whr the previous firefish died...it looks very sloopy......i'm afraid it might juz died like the previous one...

both times your sis told you.. hmm ... sounds fishy <_< .. hehe.. kidding.. :P

sorry for the lost of your fish ;) .. probably your water level is too high. Possibility that your skunk shrimp is trying to clean the fish but the fish just refused.. not the shrimp's fault. Its his job to clean the fishes.. not like my scarlet shrimp <_< .. doesn't do a thing.. waste space.. :angry:

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

oh, nono, is no a shrimp, is a skunk clown fish....

anyway cant be my sis, cos she's old enough to noe wat she's doing :P

izzit really my water lvl?? oh no, i cant lower my water lvl cos i'm using a hanging filter, if i lower it the filter will not work....

• SRC Member

I have 2 firefish gobies in my 2 ft tank now.(originally in 3 ft with cover). I fill the water to the brim and have no cover for this tank.

No fish is bothering them So they haven't jumped out. Never showed any signs of suicide tendency etc. haha.

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

me too got 2 inside my 2ft tank.try not to stress them,coz they r very timid.my water level is also very high,they even swim up to get food.so no problem for me.beside the skunk clown,u keep any other aggressive fish?.I got a blacktail damsel,sometime will attack them,but so far ok,nothing happen. :yeah::look:

Mine lucky..when it jumped out twice I was around and heard the thud..about more than 1m fall for the poor thing...then I think it learnt its lesson and stopped jumping...

Been with me for about 5-6 months already....

I also have a purple firegoby..it seems less inclined to jump compared to the firegoby....

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

You'll never know...my firefish jumped out twice while I was using a canopy...jumped thru the small hole at the back where my pipings come in...

After I went canopyless...no more incidents. :blink:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

You really can't stop such fishes from jumping out of your tank.

Water level doesn't matter. If something spooks it enough... it'll jump out.

You can use eggcrate but you'll block a lot of light going into your tank.

• SRC Member

what AT mentioned is true.. they can even jump thru the eggcrate... most impt is not to spook them, have acres of spaces for it to hide and rest... increasing the numbers also help to keep them calm... i used to keep 2 and they are jumpy and 1 did ala Leslie Cheung until i added another 5 more and nothing happened ever since... :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I bot a firefish just 2weeks back. Initially was bullied by my damsel till quite stessed but never seen it try jumping out of tank. It will always hide in a nearby LR for security if stress. Maybe now i shud buy one or two more firefish to keep it company. :idea:

me too got 2 inside my 2ft tank.try not to stress them,coz they r very timid.my water level is also very high,they even swim up to get food.so no problem for me.beside the skunk clown,u keep any other aggressive fish?.I got a blacktail damsel,sometime will attack them,but so far ok,nothing happen. :yeah::look:

i have another maroon clown, which they have been good tank mates for more than a month, so i dun tink is cos by the maroon.

2 cleaner shrimp, which i tink is impossible to cos it to jump....

now i cant find the firefish, hopefully will appear soon.

btw for a 2 feet tank, how many firefish i can keep? i really luv them :P

I have a fire inside my 2ft oso.My neon damsel tried to bully it but it will turn and try to attack back. Will disappear for days and sudennly appear. Hides in hole it dug between LR and sand bed. Noticed from reflection on side of tank. :ooh:

if it can, it will happens.

my "seasoned" fire goby, jumped out of tank..

when I found it, it was dried like ikan billis..

it can be swimming ard, but anything that scares it,

it may just jump out of the water, without you knowing..

esp CNY, note any strangers going or sudden movement near your tank.