DIY LED into ATI Powermodule

khuancc

Need ideas to diy cree leds into ATI Powermodule lightsets... Tried taking the lightsets apart but seems like to place to slot in a heatsink into the compartment where the balast is placed unless i cut some parts off it. Anyone tried on diying on this set before? Looking at the outlook of the powermodule, it should be an idea casing for diy leds into it. Thanks.

• SRC Member

Need ideas to diy cree leds into ATI Powermodule lightsets... Tried taking the lightsets apart but seems like to place to slot in a heatsink into the compartment where the balast is placed unless i cut some parts off it. Anyone tried on diying on this set before? Looking at the outlook of the powermodule, it should be an idea casing for diy leds into it. Thanks.

there are a few post in RC, reefer there manage to intergrate LED into Powermodule.. Do a search there...

But i feel it is a waste to modify such a good T5 light sets

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

ya, this set is really a good set... the fan doesnt work now and it has been lying around in my storeroom for the past one year. thinking of trying out led on this set, it should look very nice. btw, can anyone help to point me to how to search? tried searching but none came out.

• SRC Member

ya, this set is really a good set... the fan doesnt work now and it has been lying around in my storeroom for the past one year. thinking of trying out led on this set, it should look very nice. btw, can anyone help to point me to how to search? tried searching but none came out.

this is one of the link

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2027486&highlight=ati+modification

it is much easier to change the fan then mod the light set...

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

I dunno which is spoilt, the lights are working but the fan are not. Some years back, someone helped me to change the acdc power supply to the fan. Anyone know where can I get it repaired cheaply? I was quoted before and it cost a lot to change the galaxy and power supply. That's why I'm thinking to mod it to led.

Go slim tower to get yr adaptor and fan.. .

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

If the led is running at 700mA a single fan is more than enough coz the body of pwermodule is a giant aluminium heatsink by itself.

buckpuck/recon driver is small enough to put inside but if using meanwell or other driver need to fixed external.

The multicore cable that come with the powermodule can be use to power the led from external driver.

If the led is running at 700mA a single fan is more than enough coz the body of pwermodule is a giant aluminium heatsink by itself.

buckpuck/recon driver is small enough to put inside but if using meanwell or other driver need to fixed external.

The multicore cable that come with the powermodule can be use to power the led from external driver.

Roughly how many 3w LEDs can buckpuck driver drives?

• 5 months later...