Shallow reef tank

here is the light i bought from the china website under Eshine..

posted some review under another reefer post in product reviews... maybe the moderators wanna start another thrend under imported products? lolx.. lost count with the number of china LED brands..

post-2836-0-92402400-1338084823_thumb.jp

Try using a ezlink card or something similar, can be easily removed with that. Maybe just do it when u perform your water change.

thanks for the input, but i find credit cards are abrasive to tank surface, filter wools often traps little grain of sand/stone during cleaning scratching the tank in long run. LFS aunite told me to use sponge instead of filter wool..

thanks for the input, but i find credit cards are abrasive to tank surface, filter wools often traps little grain of sand/stone during cleaning scratching the tank in long run. LFS aunite told me to use sponge instead of filter wool..

Whether u use sponge or wool, should be no problem since yours is BB. I juz find sponge absorbed more water thus harder to clean glass surface when underwater.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Nice zoas, the blue is black hole sun zoas?

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

No... its just another hairy mushroom i got from iwarna from their bali shipment..

It hasnt come in for quite sometime, but i remb seeing some survivors in the place they place the clams...

It can be recognise by it exception smelly smell for hairy mushroom, amazing growth rate and stinging capabilities...

almost a pest in my tank already...

• SRC Member

Lighting combi:

D-D T5 tubes :

aquablue

mid day

aquablue plus

aquablue plus

LED:aquawasher (Eshine) all blue

Hi bro,would like to check is ur 30 watt aquawasher really blue.I hv a G1 maxspect 180watt but abit yellowish due to 4x30watt 16k white led.Would like add 1 30watt aquawasher blue to cover the yellowish or shd i get 2.Btw my tank height is 2ft.

Many thks.

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

Hi bro,would like to check is ur 30 watt aquawasher really blue.I hv a G1 maxspect 180watt but abit yellowish due to 4x30watt 16k white led.Would like add 1 30watt aquawasher blue to cover the yellowish or shd i get 2.Btw my tank height is 2ft.

Many thks.

hey bro, i think its difficult to cover up the high wattage with lower wattage led bulbs, for my T5 scenerio, the area directly below the led you can tell there is a tint of blue on the coral, but if you really want to cover up, you should look at many led bulb cluster together to provide a broader spectrum, aquawasher is only 3W per bulb, i doubt you can tell any effect on yours.

If you really want the blue, you got to remove some white unfortunately..

• SRC Member

hey bro, i think its difficult to cover up the high wattage with lower wattage led bulbs, for my T5 scenerio, the area directly below the led you can tell there is a tint of blue on the coral, but if you really want to cover up, you should look at many led bulb cluster together to provide a broader spectrum, aquawasher is only 3W per bulb, i doubt you can tell any effect on yours.

If you really want the blue, you got to remove some white unfortunately..

Thks for the advice.I thinking of disable 2 x 30watt led.2x30watt,5x3watt white and 13x3watt royal blue shd be enough for lps and sps for my 2ft tank.

Thks

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

Thks for the advice.I thinking of disable 2 x 30watt led.2x30watt,5x3watt white and 13x3watt royal blue shd be enough for lps and sps for my 2ft tank.

Thks

LED after all do not really have ideal reflectors, like T5, the spread of light is more like beams. Whats the algae growth like for your led tank glass?

• 3 weeks later...