wat colours for a room

19percula

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

oh man. cant believe i didnt see this thread earlier.. i've adopted a different approach.

posters. you dont even have to see the wall. and 1 side of the wall is full of shelving. background white. so everything in your room is more outstanding.

• SRC Member

okie jaz a update my flooring is brown in colour it is parquet (pardon my spelling) and my bed will be brown so actually i want to paint my feature wall one colour then the other rest another colour that will bring out my feature wall colour

guys wat about red and blue???

• SRC Member
...so guys wat about grey and orange in my room?

Orange can be very good especially with woods. But make sure u get those earthy orange and not the bright ones - think santa fe. And don't paint the whole room orange, but use in combination with warm white. Throw in some ethnic fabric floor cushions or lounge chair (facing the fish tank of course).

• SRC Member

Painting on the woodgrain on the wall would be an overkill. That's over-emphasising on the woods which is already on the floor and furniture. If you must have paint effects, why not try sponging. Or if got money to spare, rough up the wall texture by plastering. Paint effects are something that you may get tired of looking at after some months (same for wall paper), so the safest bet is to hang stuff rather than paint stuff. If a coordinated look is what you are after, work on coordinating the room accesories, not the fixtures, cos accesories are much easier and cheaper to change should your taste change!

• SRC Member
hey mako u an interior designer??? actually it all depends on the person... if he likes wood then its not an overkill... hmmm tink white grains are nicer.... blue base.... u can get these stuff from hardware shops

Haha no lah..sorry if I sounded like one. Just my 2 cents worth

• SRC Member

Sounds cool.

White and blue is the classic colour combi to remind u daily of the sea, provided you use rustic furnishings. Use light coloured wooden furniture (with grain showing) to mimic driftwood washed ashore. Choose light, airy curtains for that bright and breezy effect! Nail a piece of branchy drifwood (raw and unvanished) onto a board and set it above your TV set (like how they display buffalo horns or antlers). Maybe our guys here can donate some of their SPS skeletons or clam shells for coffee table display.

Looking at your avatar...aren't you supposed to be more into the grunge look??

• SRC Member

wait a minute.. u haven't told me your design concept

e.g. zen, resort, ocean, high tech, funky, luxury, ornate, pastel, rustic, ethnic, oriental, european, nordic, exotic, tribal, cute-cute, pub, retro..and the list goes on.