crystal pro ro/di vs ZeRO EX 4- RO/DI 4 Stages

inwear

So depends on volume of water you are changing each time and frequency of water changes and most importantly if you are willing to spend, you can decide which suits you best.

I have friends who use either of the two methods and have tok kong reef tanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• 2 weeks later...

I use few stages :

1) Sediment filter

2) GAC

3) Carbon blocks

4) RO membrane

5) Pressure tank storage

From pressure tank, either goes to (6a) or (7a)

6a) Coconut carbon

6b) Tap water for drinking

7a) DI resin

7b) For aquarium use

I put the whole setup under my kitchen sink. I have not changed the RO membrane for nearly 3 years as well as DI resin. The first 3 stage have to change regularly. Chlorine will kill the RO membrane, so if your carbon or GAC has been exhausted, chlorine will pass through and destroy the RO.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

I have a diamond water purifier (energy water) for drinking water, is it ok to use that? They said they regulate mineral content.

Filter A: Top notch ceramic filter, thoroughly filter out impurities like chlorine, dirt, rust and bacteria.
Filter B: activated carbon & natural mineral stones remove organic contaminants, unpleasant odours & colours in the water, while regulate mineral content.
Filter C: metal ion filter thoroughly removes heavy metals, chlorine and other chemical contaminates.
Filter D: natural magnetic ceramic balls with natural mineral magnetic stones effectively break water molecule clusters into the smallest possible size.
Filter E: natural mineral stones stabilises energy in the water to keep water molecule clusters at the smallest size for a prolonged period of time.
Filter F: calcium ions helps balance the water to a mild alkaline level.

http://www.diamond.com.sg/DiamondEnergyWaterSystem.html

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

I have a diamond water purifier (energy water) for drinking water, is it ok to use that? They said they regulate mineral content.

Filter A: Top notch ceramic filter, thoroughly filter out impurities like chlorine, dirt, rust and bacteria.

Filter B: activated carbon & natural mineral stones remove organic contaminants, unpleasant odours & colours in the water, while regulate mineral content.

Filter C: metal ion filter thoroughly removes heavy metals, chlorine and other chemical contaminates.

Filter D: natural magnetic ceramic balls with natural mineral magnetic stones effectively break water molecule clusters into the smallest possible size.

Filter E: natural mineral stones stabilises energy in the water to keep water molecule clusters at the smallest size for a prolonged period of time.

Filter F: calcium ions helps balance the water to a mild alkaline level.

http://www.diamond.com.sg/DiamondEnergyWaterSystem.html

Can check with TDS meter and see the readings of this treated water?

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

Diamond confirm cannot be use haha i last time alao use diamond . Diamond have the mineral stone thingy, is to add minerals into the water. My alkaline has it too and tds is around 80+

Our body shouldn't evem be drinking distilled 0tds water as its very bad for our health. Long term can cause minerals deficiency wor

| Display : 48x30x22 Skimmer : SK-201 skimz

| Sump : 30x24x18 Wavemaker : 2x RW-15 , 1x RW-8

| Cooling : 1HP titanium drop in coil ATO : JBJ

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

| Dosing : Jebao dosing pump [ CaCl2 + NaHCO3 ] Pump :

| Reactor : FSZ Z160 zeolite reactor & phosban 150

| System : ZEOVIT

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

:wub: >><< :wub:

• SRC Member

Can get a 2nd hand rodi also. Got mine 5stage for $120 only haha

| Lighting : ATI Sunpower 8x54w + 48x cree xte royal blue Return : Jebao dc-6000

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

• SRC Member

Unfortunately no.. hahaaha lol. Go pasarmalam camp and hunt :b

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef

Haha.... no such thing.

114580d1303298224t-woman-loses-sight-aft

haha, if u try and survive let us know.

The spirit of sharing...

always remember forum is like its name - forum

Singapore Reef Club – We are an online discussion community which aim to provide quality information about setting up and keeping a marine reef aquarium. By joining us as a members, you will be able to learn and share your experience in this hobby and at the same time making some friends here !! We hope by educating the public about the marine hobby, we will be able to create greater awareness of the fragility of our coral reefs as well as loving each and every living fish / corals we purchase as a responsible reefer.

• SRC Member

Haha.... no such thing.

im not completely sure if its true bro. but after some googling , there have been lots of debate about this in drinking it permanently since it will leech out minerals from our bodies and distilled water is very hypotonic which will make the red blood cells to swell and kaboom . dont know if true anot lah.. but alot about it in google and most drinking filter i see , wont strip off minerals from the water. here is one of the many read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purified_water under " health effect of drinking purified water " 3rd paragraph. Theres also saying its good for weightloss , better immunity , detox. hahah

decomm-ed :

Ydkm SPS reef