10g nano... Help!!!!

Marine_fanaticz

Hi guys! This is my first post and second attempt at a saltwater tank. In need of help:D

Basically I just got a 10g nano tank (some china brand RM-031). Its got a filter attached to the back similar to the nano space and dymax iq series, filled with glass rings and porcelain rings for bio filtration. Also it's LED lighting is much brighter than the Dymax IQ5. I plan to keep some corals soon.. For now only have one damsel. Planning to get a clownfish. My damsel seems to be doing fine, I get my saltwater from a lfs and cycled my tank for about one week with love rock. Please kind souls, help me answer these questions..

1) do I need a skimmer?(due to the size of the tank, I think the dymax IQ slimmer would do fine..BUT I CABT FIND IT AT ANY LFS ALL OUT OF STOCK:(

2) what kind of corals can I keep( easiest to care for using only LED)?

3) must my LED lights be on 24/7 to keep corals?

• SRC Member

1 week of cycling is insufficient.. Min, 1 month and u need to check the parameters although u are using NSW.

1) For a 10Gallon tank, its ok to use a skimmer, but i dont find it usefull coz regular water change will do the work.

2) what kind of LED are u using? watts per LED? Cree Led? Diffrent LED have diffrent Par Value.

3) No.. 24/7 will cause tank problems such as Algae problems. Run 9 - 11 hours depending on ur LED

• Like 1

Teh'sTankSetup Decomm on 18/8/2012

Tank: 2x1x1 Rimless Tank (Sumpless)

Lighting: Aquazonic 2x24watts T5 (Actinic x Sun White)

Moonlight: Acardia 1W Led Light (Blue)

Filter: ISTA Max Care Cannister

Skimmer: Bubble Magus E3

Chiller: Resun CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Wave: Boyu WM-25

Commissioned 20/9/2012

Tank: 3x2x2.5

Lighting: 250w DeLighting MH/ 2x 39w Delighting Diy T5 ATI Blue Plus

Skimmer: H&S Skimmer Type 110-F2000

Chiller: CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Reactor: D&D H2Ocean FMR 75 (ADA 1500 Pump)(Rowaphos)

Wavemaker: 2x SunSun Wavemaker (3000L)

Incoming:

Conch ll Basic

ATO System/Tunze Osmolator

Magic Marine 3CH Dosing Pump

• SRC Member

Hi guys! This is my first post and second attempt at a saltwater tank. In need of help:D

Basically I just got a 10g nano tank (some china brand RM-031). Its got a filter attached to the back similar to the nano space and dymax iq series, filled with glass rings and porcelain rings for bio filtration. Also it's LED lighting is much brighter than the Dymax IQ5. I plan to keep some corals soon.. For now only have one damsel. Planning to get a clownfish. My damsel seems to be doing fine, I get my saltwater from a lfs and cycled my tank for about one week with love rock. Please kind souls, help me answer these questions..

1) do I need a skimmer?(due to the size of the tank, I think the dymax IQ slimmer would do fine..BUT I CABT FIND IT AT ANY LFS ALL OUT OF STOCK:(

mushroom & zoas are both suitable for ur tank

• SRC Member

c328 has some iq skimmer

• SRC Member

c328 has some iq skimmer

he bought it already..

Teh'sTankSetup Decomm on 18/8/2012

Tank: 2x1x1 Rimless Tank (Sumpless)

Lighting: Aquazonic 2x24watts T5 (Actinic x Sun White)

Moonlight: Acardia 1W Led Light (Blue)

Filter: ISTA Max Care Cannister

Skimmer: Bubble Magus E3

Chiller: Resun CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Wave: Boyu WM-25

Commissioned 20/9/2012

Tank: 3x2x2.5

Lighting: 250w DeLighting MH/ 2x 39w Delighting Diy T5 ATI Blue Plus

Skimmer: H&S Skimmer Type 110-F2000

Chiller: CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Reactor: D&D H2Ocean FMR 75 (ADA 1500 Pump)(Rowaphos)

Wavemaker: 2x SunSun Wavemaker (3000L)

Incoming:

Conch ll Basic

ATO System/Tunze Osmolator

Magic Marine 3CH Dosing Pump