Reef chemistry calculator

A lot of people are using dosing pump and do not know how to start. This is the link to a chemistry calculator that one can use to estimate how much to dose, i forget who is the reefer that post this before but it is quite useful to kick start the dosing.

Hope this is helpful. Cheer :cheers:

http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

• Like 1

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

I think this is quite easy to sort out, once you know the gram of chemical to dose, example 10g of kh. Depending on your mixing, if you mix 100g of kh powder to 1000ml of DI water then you will dose 100ml every day. If the mixing ration is different then just do the math part and you will know roughly how much to dose.

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• SRC Member

I think this is quite easy to sort out, once you know the gram of chemical to dose, example 10g of kh. Depending on your mixing, if you mix 100g of kh powder to 1000ml of DI water then you will dose 100ml every day. If the mixing ration is different then just do the math part and you will know roughly how much to dose.

thanks for the great info!

For me myself who don't use dosing pump, I intend to standby a 1L bottle and dose accordingly

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

• SRC Member

oh just to check, I bought baking soda from Iwarna. Is there a need to bake it or I can use it straight away?

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

• SRC Member

Anyone can share what exactly goes into their containers? Eg, mgcl : rodi water.

i using DI water with MgCL NaSo4 etc

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Baking it depends on your pH level, if it is low, baking elevates the pH. If it is on the high side, baking is not recommended. The dosing calculator in randy holmes farley's improved 2part solution article gives estimates as to how much increase it will give based on the quantity that will be dosed.

oh just to check, I bought baking soda from Iwarna. Is there a need to bake it or I can use it straight away?